Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 JKU is a DD that will hardly ever see offroad. I am wanting to lift 2.5 and put on 35 tires for pure looks!!! Here is my question:

Should I get the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift with shock adapters $498.74

Tera Flex JK 4-DR 2.5 inch Lift Kit, W/ Shock Adapters (1352000)

or

Teraflex 2.5 Budget Boost with Bilstein 5100 $559.35

TeraFlex JK Wrangle 2.5 inch Performance Budget Boost, Bilstein Shocks - TER1355200

Since both are within $60 of each other, what should I buy? I don't plan on adding a front or rear bumper anytime in the future, at least not for a few years.

Thank you

·
Registered
89 Posts
If just for looks find a cheap budget boost spacer kit. You won't need the extra flex the longer coils provide, just my $.02

$350 gets you a TF 2.5" BB with shock adapters from quadratec

·
Super Moderator
14,567 Posts
For what you are going to do, I recommend the Rough Country Series II 2.5 budget boost and a set of Rubicon Express control arm geometry brackets.

Most RC lifts aren't highly reviewed on here, but this being a spacer lift is a nice piece and includes parts that most other budget boosts do not, like brake line extensions and track bar bracket.

Combined it's $280... You can easily upgrade shocks at a later time as well.

Rough Country 2.5" Series II Suspension Spacer Lift Kit without Shocks - RC-634

Rubicon Express Front Control Arm Drop Brackets - Black Powdercoated - RUB-RE9800

Typically I recommend spring kits and the TF is awesome if you go that way. But with no offroad, it's just not really getting you any additional benefits...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all. I've been kinda of deciding on this as well. Just another questions for the experts.

I am also a DD but want to do the same 2.5 lift with 35s. But i do live the the NJ area and would want to take it sometimes to the pine barrens. Nothing hard core but it is basicallly wet land offroading. Would I have any risks with just putting on the BB lift? Or should i just get the lift with the coils and shocks?

Thanks all

·
Super Moderator
14,567 Posts
^your fine. I have yet to see any puck lifts fall off when over extending anyways.
Agree it would take a very poorly executed shock replacement...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rough Country Series II spacer lift with shock extenders=$179
With 2.2 shocks=$349
With Rancho RS5000=$326 with Rancho rebate

If Rancho, which ones? I see for 0-2" lift and 4" lift

I'm leaning towards the spacer kit and Rancho's.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just looked at your post closer, you said the Rancho RS5000X. Where can I order those from?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, I will look for them. But what part numbers. Since I am wanting to use the 2.5 spacer, would I use the 0-2" lift shock or 4" lift shock?

Thanks so much!

·
Super Moderator
14,567 Posts
I would use RS55329 and RS55330 for that application.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I looking on Rancho's site and see that I can order the 29&30. Right now I am having a hard time locating the shocks on the internet.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts