Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, guys.

Looking for some insight. My lift kit only came with new rear sway bar links according to my installer.

I'm a little concerned with the front links, should I get longer aftermarket front links?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
That is standard for most lifts. Then the original rears are moved up front. It's either that, or buy quick disconnects for the front.

Bob K.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
+1 The stock rear links should be just about perfect up front with the 2.5 inch lift. If you have a Rubicon with the electronic disconnect system, you'll be good to go. If not, get quick disconnects of you want to disconnect the sway bar.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
The instructions on my 2.5" kit said to take the factory rear links off and put them on the front.

I installed aftermarket removable links instead.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
X5

·
Super Moderator
14,525 Posts
As above, installer should have known that was the normal procedure even if he didn't read the instructions.

Also, that front spring should be vertical and not have that arc to it. If it isn't straight up and down, something else is wrong...

·
Registered
666 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
+1 The stock rear links should be just about perfect up front with the 2.5 inch lift. If you have a Rubicon with the electronic disconnect system, you'll be good to go. If not, get quick disconnects of you want to disconnect the sway bar.
Thank you, that was what I was suspecting.

Maybe it's his axle waaaaay off center
Yes, it definitely is. I'm currently just re-searching adjustable track bars, which should fix that issue. *fingers crossed*

1 - 12 of 12 Posts