Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First do I really need the shock relocation bracket? I don't plan on using the full articulation of the jeep.

Second I see some kits come with out the end links again are these necessary so I don't have a shitty ride?

I plan on purchasing new shocks in the next couple months so that's the reason I don't want to spend the extra coin on a bracket that isn't that critical.

Thanks in advance

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
I wouldn't lift up 2.5" without addressing the shocks. If you are planning on getting new shocks, I would just wait and save up a little more to get the kit with the shocks.

-Dan

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
^This is good advice. Shocks are usually designed for 1.5-2" operating range. Coil lifts usually provide more lift than advertised in the front so you will likely get 3-3.5" of lift in the front. This will reduce the operating range of the shock significantly. Shock extenders are cheap and you can always sell them.

·
Registered
452 Posts
First do I really need the shock relocation bracket? I don't plan on using the full articulation of the jeep.

Second I see some kits come with out the end links again are these necessary so I don't have a shitty ride?

I plan on purchasing new shocks in the next couple months so that's the reason I don't want to spend the extra coin on a bracket that isn't that critical.

Thanks in advance
As stated by others shocks do not solely control flex, you can induce a much worse ride if your shocks are out of their travel range. Keep in mind that aftermarket spring rates are usually different then factory so even with a factory shock and an extension you may not have the best ride quality. This is what a well though out kit or pairing of components will result in a stock or better then stock ride. Good luck with the build and feel free to pick our brains if you want!

RK

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input ppl I'll start my search now for a good all around shock. Thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
Someone already suggested, but it's a good option to buy the shocks and lift as a kit. A lot of times they are tuned or selected to work with the coils in the kit. I believe most of the vendors on the forum offer kits with shocks with a discount for buying all. Otherwise... Bilstein 5100s, OME, and Rancho 9000s all seem to be favored on the forum.

And, yes, new sway links will be needed. Again, a kit will come with them. I also think that a set of rear links match up with a 2.5" lift.

·
Registered
222 Posts
So in your guys opinion does this kit have everything I need and is it a quality lift? 2.5" Jeep Wrangler 2-Door/4WD Suspension Lift Kit
I haven't seen Superlift mentioned on the forum very often. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if everything is included at $350, you are getting what you pay for. The quality shocks that most guys on the forum run will cost around $300 for 4 or more, so I'd take that as a bad sign.

Those are also single rate coils, not bad, just not as good as some others.

Look at Rock Krawler, Teraflex, AEV. They all have Budget Boost lifts that have what you are looking for, good price and good quality.

·
Super Moderator
14,518 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,518 Posts
Not a bad little kit. I would do without the caster bolts. Instead opt for geometry correction brackets. Then maybe a rear axle side TB bracket for roll center. Total around $500-$600
If you can deal with the cheap shocks, at least the Q-tec kit has an axle side rear trackbar bracket. For $399 I would definitely go this way. And for $20 more you can get it with nitro shocks... Not sure which I would choose though, cheap nitro's might be harsh.

Quadratec Exclusive 16400.0044 - Quadratec Maximum Duty 2.5? Coil Spring Suspension Lift Kit with Shocks for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
What sxactly does this mean? Do you plan to off road this Jeep? What are you trying to accomplish? If the most off road you might see is a dirt road to a fish spot you might was to stick with budget boosts that use a puck. Cheaper and keep factory ride. Spring kits usually have a firmer ride because they know heavy bumpers will be added.

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
What sxactly does this mean? Do you plan to off road this Jeep? What are you trying to accomplish? If the most off road you might see is a dirt road to a fish spot you might was to stick with budget boosts that use a puck. Cheaper and keep factory ride. Spring kits usually have a firmer ride because they know heavy bumpers will be added.
He's asking if he needs the shock brackets. Shock brackets allow use of the stock shocks so you won't loose down travel. People seem happy running the Rubicon shock over the sports. I ran my Rubi's for a while with TF coils.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I do mild off roading. I don't plan on pushing the limits of my suspenson

1 - 20 of 29 Posts