Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm contemplating getting a 2.5 lift but I'm afraid that it will look goofy with duratrac 295/65/18 what do you guys think? Will it be too high and look awkward? Should I just get a leveling kit? :confused:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Don't really ever plan on going larger than 33's but afraid they will look small with a 2.5 inch lift. Especially considering the majority of lifts out there give you more then the advertised lift.

·
Registered
669 Posts
When i had my 2.5 Teraflex added the guys at 4 Wheel Parts nearly begged me to go with 35's instead of 33's and i am glad i did. They said 33's would look to small and i concur. The 35 Pro Comp Xtreme AT was only $3.00 more per tire than the 33 was.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Nothing wrong with 2.5" of lift and 33. It's a very nice combo. Remember the people at 4wp also like to make a profit.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Maybe but i like 35 better. Also the profit was only $3.00 more per tire so yea i guess they made a great bonus.
Nothing wrong with 2.5" of lift and 33. It's a very nice combo. Remember the people at 4wp also like to make a profit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
No, the price was only $3.00 more per tire, their cost could be significantly lower, so greater profit.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I was about to get some 33's with my 2.5" Lift and decided to go 35s at the last second. I'm very glad with the look. Especially if its a 4 door.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Could be, maybe, what if. Your really reaching my friend but if you can show me the true cost difference in what 4 Wheel Parts pays for Pro Comp 35x12.5x17 Xtreme AT tires vs the same tires in 33's then i will definitely concede that your post is correct. They charged me $3.00 more per tire. However the op asked everyone what they think about 33's on a 2.5 lift and i gave him my opinion. Now you can give him yours.
No, the price was only $3.00 more per tire, their cost could be significantly lower, so greater profit.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Personal preference, look at photos and decide if you are cool with it or not. Here's some examples.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I think they're a pretty good match, myself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2009 JKU with a 2.5" AEV lift and 33x15x12.5 Duratracs. Got about 3" of real lift with AEV kit. I think 33s are bordering on too small, but look OK to me. I certainly understand that some think 35s are ideal for 2.5 inches of lift. Didn't want 35s due to engine performance issues at altitude with 3.73 auto.

·
Registered
158 Posts
2011 Sport manual with Teraflex 2.5" coil lift. 285/70/17 Falken Rocky Mountains. I have thought about going to 35's but don't want to have to spend even more money to regear right now. Also want to get a roof rack and if I go to 35's probably won't be able to get in the garage. However, IMO 33's do look small on a 4 door with a lift.

Attachments

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
JKU with 2.5" Teraflex coil lift and 305/70/16 or 33.1" tires.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts