Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests this is my DD. I do have some dirt trails and other stuff that I do but no rock crawling. Ideas?

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
cptslewis said:
As the title suggests this is my DD. I do have some dirt trails and other stuff that I do but no rock crawling. Ideas?
TF
RK
AEV (not sure is out yet?)

More than a few great 2.5" lifts.
Inexpensive and components can be added to fit your needs.

Just stay at 2.5-3" and upgrade your upgraded shocks. you will have nothing to worry about :)

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Like kjeeper said:

Teraflex 1251000 - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift Kit with Shocks for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

Rock Krawler Catalog

AEV kit isn't out yet.

There's a lot to choose from in the 2.5" lift range. It can be kinda confusing, at best. If you don't wheel your Jeep much (which is what it sounds like), you might be better off with just a coil lift, without the shocks. Or even a 2" spacer lift. That'll save you $$ to put toward other things.

In many cases, though, new shocks will improve your ride, on-road and off.

I'd recommend contacting Jason with Krawl Off-Road (forum vendor). He'll hook you up with the system that'll best fit what you wanna do with your Jeep. :thumb:

·
Registered
120 Posts
My local shop uses Rough Country lifts and im thinking about going with 2.5 and the new 2.2 Rough Country shocks.Has anybody used this lift and would this be a good lift.I have a 2011 Jeep Sport.THANKS

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Do any jeepers with 2 1/2" coil lifts and shocks notice improved on road handling over stock? I feel my 2012 JKUR has always been a been a little loosy goosy at higher speeds 65-70 and if I thought a coil lift with shocks would improve it I would strongly consider it. Right now I have the AEV 2" spacer lift and love the look, ride and handling is just like stock.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Do any jeepers with 2 1/2" coil lifts and shocks notice improved on road handling over stock? I feel my 2012 JKUR has always been a been a little loosy goosy at higher speeds 65-70 and if I thought a coil lift with shocks would improve it I would strongly consider it. Right now I have the AEV 2" spacer lift and love the look, ride and handling is just like stock.
I have had my lift for only a week now, but the ride and handling are definitely better than stock. There are spots where there are dips in the road that I used to have to slow down to around 5 mph for. Now after the lift, I barely notice. Same with speed bumps, a lot less shaky. It also felt a little unstable around corners before, not the case now.

My setup is an RK 2.5" max w/ Bilstein shocks.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
My local shop uses Rough Country lifts and im thinking about going with 2.5 and the new 2.2 Rough Country shocks.Has anybody used this lift and would this be a good lift.I have a 2011 Jeep Sport.THANKS
RC springs have a tendency to sag, from what I've read.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts