Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys gonna need a bit of help here.

Ive been looking around for a 2.5" lift kit. Ive been wanting to upgrade my ride height for a couple months now. Its my DD but I am a weekend warrior. Need it to be able to go through some mud snow dirt water. Nothing to crazy but still want to be able to have fun. I'm looking in the price range somewhere under 600. I really want to stay under 3 inches because i like the look of bigger tires on a lower lift.

Wondering what your preferences are to any 2-3" lifts! thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
for $700-800 i would go with Teraflex 2.5". i wouldn't go with cheaper lift than that. Rock Krawler is nice, but more in $1200-1300 range but it comes with more parts to make the ride better.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
If you are really on a budget either stay with a spacer lift or check out Rusty's or OME and stay away from Rough County, Superlift and Tuff Country. It's not a competition to get the most parts per buck, it's about the quality of parts you get for your buck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i went with the rubicon express with shock lift and have been very happy with it so far. Came in close to true to height with stock bumpers, etc. handles better than the stock Rubicon and has done well on the local trails.

·
Super Moderator
14,580 Posts
Do you guys have any preference with rancho lifts?
There's nothing wrong with the Rancho lifts, but you don't see them as much because they don't offer the very popular 2.5 lift... However, their 2" sport is very popular for the fact that it is effectively a 2" leveling/lift kit for free when you buy their shocks. And, it goes great with 33" tires.

After that, they jump to a 3". I propose that their new 3-3.5 progressive kit is more like a 3" and based on the spring specs, should be their next step up from the 2" sport. It's a decent value but with a track bar and stainless brake lines included, it is going to cost more than a TF or RE 2.5 does.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I went with this budget boost for 2-1/2" for $180.00

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-suspension-lift-kit-634-7.html

Added these for some stance

http://www.spidertrax.com/2007-Up-JK-Wrangler-Unlimited?sc=2&category=9993

Everything is close enough to stock to not really affect my daily driving. For $280.00 bucks and a Saturday wrenching, I got a bit more clearance for the trails and probably up to 35's when I am ready for tires. Plus it's just enough to differentiate mine from the stock set ups.

I am at 12k miles, no issues.

Not sure what your running now, I did start with a brand new hard top rubi with max tow, so I figured springs, shocks wheels and tire upgrades were not on the radar for a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts