Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been pretty set on getting the rock krawler 2.5" max travel lift for awhile now but being that money is kinda tight I was wondering if the teraflex 2.5" lift is a good lift and/or what all I would need for this lift. Also I was thinkin of running the teraflex performance leveling kit since I'm only goin 33x12.50x15 tires but I will be putting on poison spyder brawler lite front an rear bumpers so I didn't know if that would just be useless from the sag of the weight.( I have a 2013 wrangler sport 2dr btw) any info would be helpful an also pics of these lifts with 33's would be wonderful, just specify which you have please

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am having the teraflex 2.5 lift installed on monday and i've heard absolutely no complaints about it what so ever. Everybody says its a great lift to go with and it can always be upgraded very easily. If i were you I wouldn't order the kit with the teraflex shocks though and go a different route like some bilsteins, rancho's or if you wanted to spend the money something like fox's but those are pretty expensive. The performance leveling kit if i remember correctly is actually made to hold the weight of front and rear bumpers so you would be alright. The only other thing you would need with the kit is the exhaust spacer with teraflex sells also and its only $50.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I started with a leveling kit from Teraflex. Still running it. Was great in the beginning but now added weight from bumper, skid plates, winch, ect... , have caused the front springs to sag. You can always start with the RK stock mod lift and add to it as your funds allow you too.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I plan on gettin the blisteins for shocks an I knew the exhaust spacer. But is everything in the teraflex lift included that is needed? Just wanting to make sure cause the rk max travel comes with lca's an all so just wanting to make sure(ofcourse it is more expensive as well)

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
I know you know this. You should shy away of RK with a 2 door if your not ready to spend. 2 doors typically see 3.5-4"

Teraflex coils are 2 door/4 door specific. I think the 2.5 kit is a great start even if you do the shock extensions. Will buy some time to save for shocks.

Then you can piece tighter control arms starting with front lowers.

Ken

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kjeeper10 said:
I know you know this. You should shy away of RK with a 2 door if your not ready to spend. 2 doors typically see 3.5-4"

Teraflex coils are 2 door/4 door specific. I think the 2.5 kit is a great start even if you do the shock extensions. Will buy some time to save for shocks.

Then you can piece tighter control arms starting with front lowers.

Ken
I know ken an I deff appreciate all the info an feedback you give me. Also with the teraflex will it give the 3.5-4" of lift like the rk of will it be more to the 2.5-3" side of things? Just tryin to get a general consensus an see what would be best for me an be of great quality

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just installed the TF 2.5 lift with springs and 9550 shocks. I love the look and ride, but I am certain a heavier bumper is going to cause the front to sag a bit. If you decide on the TF lift, go with a different shock. I am now adding adjustable control arms because no one in my town will do a proper alignment without them. I did a DIY alignment and so far the ride feels good and I see no bad wear on my tires. Time will tell. I also suggest an adjustable front track bar such as the TF Monster if you are going with larger tires. And lastly, once you begin the mods, they will never end.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I don't see anything wrong with either brand of lift I just much rather not sag when I add the extra weight of front an rear bumpers an a winch

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hopefully haha guess we will see, I thinkin of upgrading the stock spare tore carrier to adjust for the weight even with just a 33 an in case I want to go larger tires in the future plus the front mid-width bumper an a winch so it'll be quite a bit of weight. Have to keep researching an make a final decision in time

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Yep, Ken's on it. The 2.5 coil kit by TF gave my two door 3.1 and 2.1. Drive shafts are fine with 30K on the odometer but I don't rock crawl or disconnect the sway links. From all I've read about the RK kits, they net bigger height. I liked that TF made ones specific for both the JK and JKU.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good to know..I'm kinda leaning towards the teraflex now an can add the monster trackbar an ca's later if needed

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Good to know..I'm kinda leaning towards the teraflex now an can add the monster trackbar an ca's later if needed
My Jeep drove fine after the lift but cosmetically, it needed track bars. Both my front and rear axles shifted and you could stand behind the jeep and see they had both moved over a little. Fixed it with JKS front and rear adj track bars. They are super beefy/mean looking and can be adjusted any amount.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts