Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Not broke but on an EXTREMELY limited budget LoL... And since I am saving for my First set of new tires ever it makes choosing the work to do on her (YJ) so much harder.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Dextreme. Can I see a pic of what ur muffler looks like? So I can show my dad that it won't be all ghetto rigged like he says it will be. And did you weld all the way around the piping?

stuckinwater said:
Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure. Unless the 92 one is carborated which it shouldn't be
I swapped a muffler out on my yj because the Gibson cat back kept blowing tac welds. Clamped on a generic flowmaster and it was good to go...until I blew out my my catalytic converter and had to fish pieces of it out of my exhaust. However, if you go online you should be able to find an aftermarket muffler with roughly the same length and inlet/outlet dimensions from most manufacturers, after that you can use the clamps to install and you will be fine. It will, however, sound like a civic, my yj was a 94' 2.5 (which is exactly the same as a 97' 92's were slightly different in fuel delivery and less reliable as such...sorry mickeyj) and the sound was cool at first, then annoying, then embarrassing.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
My dad (the owner of the jeep) said that I wouldn't be able to just put in the new muffler and weld it in. He said there is more to it. Is this true? And if it is, what else will u need to do??

stuckinwater said:
My dad (the owner of the jeep) said that I wouldn't be able to just put in the new muffler and weld it in. He said there is more to it. Is this true? And if it is, what else will u need to do??
Your dad is wrong on this one...respectfully.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.