Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it has been cold out lately, yesterday was almost 60, when i went to start the truck for the first time in the day, the engine was running rough like it would every once in a while during the summer. one i give a little gas it usually clears right up, but yesterday it actually tripped a multiple misfire code. i reset the code and restart engine, its fine. had lunch came out and started the truck and again it was running rough like a misfire no code tho. it did that almost every time, and while it idles it will every once in while have a little sputter from a misfire, now i recently did a full tune up, plugs cap rotor wires. my guess is either the ignition pick up in the distributor (cam sensor) and/or a crank positioning sensor.

also im not sure if it is relevant but sometimes as i shift it will back fire through the intake and sometimes it will back fire through the exhuast when i shift. also if i really get on it, if i have the pedal to the floor, it hesitates but if i release just a little i have great power. no code for tps tho. any suggestions ?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am now experiencing the same problem, I know this is an older post but let me know what you ended up finding out? I initially had misfire codes and a crank sensor code.
initially it was an intermitten problem, maybe a sputter/miss once every 30-50 ignition cycles.

New cap, rotor wires and plugs...

turned into missing very 5-10 ignition cycles.

Put in new crank sensor

now it is almost all the time......

But here is whats got me, when it starts missing you shut the ignition off and restart and it goes away and runs fine.....it may do this once in a day but after i turn it off and restart its fine or sometimes it isnt.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts