Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2.5" lift with 35" tires and wanted to get your feedback on the parts I will be ordering. Want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

- 2.5" TeraFlex coil lift without shocks
- Rancho RS9000XL shocks (RS999330/RS999329)
- Teraflex front HD trackbar
- Tereflex front adjustable lower control arm
- Teraflex hinge and adjustable tire carrier
- Teraflex exhaust spacers
- Northridge bolt kit
- AEV Procal

I originally intended to get the Rancho drop brackets to correct the geometry. I decided to spend a few hundred extra and opted for the front LCA. Will that work to correct the geometry? I will hold off on a steering stabilizer until my stock fails unless you guys think it's better to swap it out during the lift install.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

FWIW, my JK is a stock 2014 JKUR
Future mods: JCR front/rear stubby bumpers, winch, PSC rockers/fenders, Gobi rack

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
That looks like all you'll need. I'm running the TF lift. I've got the lift, exhaust spacers, the bolt kit and the drop brackets. The TF kit comes with brake line brackets, bump stops, etc. You should be good to go with the LCA's instead of the brackets. From what I've read, the stock steering stabilizer is good to go. My Jeep handles great.

·
Registered
666 Posts
May want to add c gussets and lower control arm skids to that list f you plan on wheeling. Hopefully you can weld or know someone who does. A truss would be an option as well but not required for 35s. I would also ditch the exhaust spacers I ran them for a while and they leaked a little and have me fitment issues with my exhaust. I would do it right and save for a front driveshaft instead. Maybe use the money from your psc fenders and just cut your stockers

·
Registered
692 Posts
If you want to save some money,
Lose the exhaust spacers (don't need them IMO) & buy Rancho drop brackets instead of LCA's (better geometry correction)

If you want to keep the stock center brake light, include the Teraflex bracket for their tire carrier, works great (simply bolts on/no cutting).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback. I don't do any hardcore wheeling so perhaps the rancho brackets is the way to go and save some $$ for other mods.

·
Super Moderator
14,506 Posts
I agree with the comments above. If you were conquering boulders and clawing over rocks, I would say LCA's and not brackets... If you are a casual off-roader, the drop brackets will give you a better daily driver.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with the comments above. If you were conquering boulders and clawing over rocks, I would say LCA's and not brackets... If you are a casual off-roader, the drop brackets will give you a better daily driver.
I only go off roading about once a month so I'll probably get the brackets instead of LCA. Appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I only go off roading about once a month so I'll probably get the brackets instead of LCA. Appreciate the feedback.
Cheaper too ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts