Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed on my 2009 2 door. 66,000 miles all stock until now. Lift kit includes coil spacers, new shocks, rear track bar bracket, and rear sway bar links. The stock rear links were moved up front. Rides really well, better than stock I'd say. Looks great too! Still riding stock 17" wheels and 255 tires. No wobble at all, steering is tight, steering did not move out of center either. I am going to the alignment shop though.

So I do have a "waa waa waa" at around 50-58 MPH. It goes away around 60. Any thoughts? Alignment slightly off maybe?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had mud grips before and all terrains that "whine". Doesn't sound like a tire noise though. It's deeper, like it almost resonates. Something mechanical. And I don't hear a clicking like a wheel bearing going bad.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Just saw that your still using the stock wheels and tires. I know with Teraflex you cannot use the stock wheels (back spacing issues) with their 2.5s. You may be running into a similar issue with RC. It also wouldn't surprise me if RC didn't mention this in their instal directions. Do you know if you can use the stock wheels with that lift? Some you cannot because the wheels will contact suspension components, others you can.

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
Just saw that your still using the stock wheels and tires. I know with Teraflex you cannot use the stock wheels (back spacing issues) with their 2.5s. You may be running into a similar issue with RC. It also wouldn't surprise me if RC didn't mention this in their instal directions. Do you know if you can use the stock wheels with that lift? Some you cannot because the wheels will contact suspension components, others you can.
That's a swaybar/wheel contact issue in the rear.

OP ... How much lift ?
Does sound like tires, or possibly a driveshaft issue depending on height.
Did you correct caster of front ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts