Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Pro Comp is low end to mid range lift kit. The brand is the house brand of 4wdparts.

Check out Terfaflex or Rubicon Express instead. Or even better RockKrawler, AEV and MetalCloak.

Run a quick search and read the review of the various lift kit brands. It's probably the most popular subject along with tires.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Pro Comp is low end to mid range lift kit. The brand is the house brand of 4wdparts. Check out Terfaflex or Rubicon Express instead. Or even better RockKrawler, AEV and MetalCloak. Run a quick search and read the review of the various lift kit brands. It's probably the most popular subject along with tires.
Agree

OP above tech/general, you'll see "JK tech common questions" sticky'd in both areas.
Read through the various lift threads.

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
Yeah Procomp isn't one I recommend for Wranglers, despite being a vendor for them. They are 4 Wheel Parts own brand as is Rubicon Express. They make cheap lifts that are....well cheap.

I too would suggest, highly, Teraflex, Rock Krawler, AEV 2.5" and Synergy suspension.

I could put a package together for you if you need to stay within a budget.

-Dan

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Hey guys just hoping to get some input of a 2.5 in. Suspension lift kits, Pro Comp just hoping to get some opinions on this product! Thanks guys. Pro Comp Suspension Part expk3099b - 2.5 Inch Lift Kit with ES9000 Shocks - - 4 Wheel Parts
As others have said, Procomp doesn't have the best reputation for their shocks. You'll want a good set of Shocks as they will have the largest impact on the ride.

This Rock Krawler 2.5" Stock Mod Kit is a good choice for springs, then you just have to decide on shocks!

Let me know if you have any questions or would like a quote on anything!

-Ryan

·
Registered
331 Posts
a lesson learned

Hey guys just hoping to get some input of a 2.5 in. Suspension lift kits, Pro Comp just hoping to get some opinions on this product! Thanks guys. Pro Comp Suspension Part expk3099b - 2.5 Inch Lift Kit with ES9000 Shocks - - 4 Wheel Parts
I had the exact same kit installed from 4 Wheel Parts. While I was there the sales rep even encouraged me to upgrade the shocks and I only paid the difference. they sold me on a pair of Bilstein 5100 but in the end, I wish I had gone with Rancho 9000 adjustable as the 5100's is a little hard.

Long story short, the kit is a bare bones kit and I've since had to go and replace many MANY other parts.

Synergy Tie Rod
Synergy Drag link
Synergy upper/lower Ball joints
JKS Track Bar
JKS Upper control arms

(this list alone cost more than the initial lift)

Do I regret going cheap initially, not necessary. Getting a death wobble was by far the most educational experience I've had with my JK. I know more about my suspension than most shops do and I do all my own work...now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts