Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about people's opinions on the Teraflex 2.5 lift with front lower adjustable control arms and monster front track bar versus the Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex lift. (Added the control arms and front track bar to the Teraflex kit to make them more comparable)

Which would you prefer or choose and why?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Both are great lifts but you are likely to spend more with the Teraflex kit. Plus the RK comes with front extended brake lines and the front springs are progressive. I have the RK Max Travel kit and have been very happy with it.

If you have a 2 door you will net a good bit more lift with the RK. I got about 4 inches of lift with mine....

·
Registered
317 Posts
You can't go wrong either way, I have the 2.5" teraflex kit with the Rock Krawler front Track bar Love my set-up

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'd like to resurrect this thread as I'm looking at the OPs same two options for my 2017 Willys 2-door soft top. Planning on a winch and possibly a mid-width LOD signature bumper at most. Only other add on armor would be a hybrid rock rail/step arrangement like the Barricade Rock Sliders. Don't plan on changing rear bump at this point. Gonna run Ridge Grappler 285/75-R17s on stock Rubi wheels with Spidertrax.

This is my daily driver with expectation of trail riding probably 6 or so times a year. Have also been deliberating between Rancho 9000s or Fox (non-remote) shocks. Seems like the RK Flex kit is the most complete and as a result, the more cost effective when compared to the Terraflex with LCAs, Monster track bar, and Jspec quicker discos added.

Thoughts on what I'm looking at and if there's a significant difference in ride quality for road and trails with these kits?

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,450 Posts
Wow... yes this is a old thread. You should ask @Magoo where this build is at now. LOL...
@Singletrack_Mind, both are great kits, especially if you add the front track bar and lower adjustable control arms to the TF setup to match the RK 2.5" Flex. The only major difference is the coils. The TF is a linear rate coil and the RK is a progressive, triple rate coil. Both ride and handle great but the RK tends to hold the added weight better. So, if a guy is going to keep their JK more on the stock end of things, then we typically go with the TF setup. If they are going to add weight (like the LOD bumper), then we typically go with the RK setup.

Here, check out these two links:
Popular JK 2.5" Entry Level Lift by Ken

Customizable 2.5" Lift Kit

If you have any more questions or if there is anything else we can do, please feel free to PM, email, or call us at anytime!

-Jason

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have a set of 3" TF springs for sale, as I just replaced them with RK 3.5. I think the RK springs are better for everything I've done with them. The Jeep rides much nicer now, isn't as harsh over bumps, etc. It just feels more planted.

You can use anyone's arms you want, but I'd use RK springs.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I think I've pretty much decide on the Rock Krawler. With the extra weight I'll be adding on, sounds like that will suit me well.

Reactions: KrawlOff-Road.com

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,450 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I think I've pretty much decide on the Rock Krawler. With the extra weight I'll be adding on, sounds like that will suit me well.
Awesome! If we can help, feel free to shoot us a PM, email, or give us a call! We can get you setup with the perfect RK package for you!

-Jason

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Singletrack_Mind I total agree with what Jason (KrawlOff-Road.com) says. I went with the RK kit and have been very pleased. I am now running a 3.5 RK kit and as Jason has stated, my rig is about to go under a big change.

Lift will stay the same, but putting in new Currie VXR60 front and rear with 4:88s and ARBs and will sit on 37s Nitto Trail Grappler.

FYI...I highly, highly recommend KrawlOff-Road.com. Excellent folks to deal with.
@KrawlOff-Road.com thanks so much for all your help and patience.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,450 Posts
@Singletrack_Mind I total agree with what Jason (KrawlOff-Road.com) says. I went with the RK kit and have been very pleased. I am now running a 3.5 RK kit and as Jason has stated, my rig is about to go under a big change.

Lift will stay the same, but putting in new Currie VXR60 front and rear with 4:88s and ARBs and will sit on 37s Nitto Trail Grappler.

FYI...I highly, highly recommend KrawlOff-Road.com. Excellent folks to deal with.

@KrawlOff-Road.com thanks so much for all your help and patience.
Thank you for letting us be part of this epic build! I wish you were closer so we can do the build here at the shop. Going to be a fun one!

-Jason

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for letting us be part of this epic build! I wish you were closer so we can do the build here at the shop. Going to be a fun one!

-Jason
I wish you were too. Would have loved to have you all do the build and would have had no hesitation and letting you do it either.

Hopefully, I will let you know how it went in about 2 weeks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts