Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 wrangler with the 2.5l motor and I was wonder what all would you need to do to convert the 4.0 motor in it

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Jut to start with, eng, trans, TC, front/rear driveshafts, motor mounts, wiring harness, ECU, and a few odds and ends.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Everything electrically or mechanically linked to the 2.5L. The t-case can be converted. Axles, trans, wiring harness, mounts, etc. etc. etc. need to all be replaced.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ive seen complete Cherokee 4.0's go for $1 grand, as long as the model years are close enough, might be the cheap/smart way to do a conversion in the long run. I may do one as early as next month, if so I will be sure to post my finding's!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive seen complete Cherokee 4.0's go for $1 grand, as long as the model years are close enough, might be the cheap/smart way to do a conversion in the long run. I may do one as early as next month, if so I will be sure to post my finding's!
Alright man let me know how your swap goes please!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did a 2.5L to a 4.2L . Found a donor vehicle with all components including the ecm it was a running vehicle and was great to have the vehicle there to use all components and how they all mount. Was able to pick-up 1988 wrangler for 900.00 but when I parted out the rest and sold all extra parts I think I broke even. Have fun and try not to rush. You will have to move motor mounts forward so make sure and take good measurements. Good luck let me know if you have any questions

1 - 6 of 6 Posts