Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 98 Durango for 5 years and its a great family vehicle. But since I got my 98 tj the Durango is just sitting there collecting dust. I thought of it today and once again looked at the forums. I think it would be very cost effective since I already own a viable donor. Any advice?

Sent from my NX16A11264 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
They aren't amc motors.... they are dodge 318 and 360's.... yep same block... been done....
Still gonna cost a fair amount but quite doable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 95 ram that i am going to use to upgrade my 91 yj to a 5.9.

From what i have found is a cross member $150 and block hugger center drop headers $200 will be needed.

the computer should plug into the jeep harness. you will have to do some wire splicing to get everything working or pay $700 to have a shop do it for you

the radiator my work but you might need to upgrade if you have cooling issues.

I am moving the engine/transmission/transfer case over, so i will need a new tranny mount $150. you might need that or an adapter for you transmission of choice.

I am still looking on how to get the fuel setup working.

then get my driveshafts redone to fit the new setup $100

then exhaust work $200

I think i am looking at $2000 to get most of it done

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I paid 2000$ for my Durango 5 years ago. So I already have most of the parts. Anything else I can fan for myself. I just gotta get the wife onboard. No problem

Sent from my NX16A11264 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
62,805 Posts
They aren't amc motors.... they are dodge 318 and 360's.... yep same block... been done....
Still gonna cost a fair amount but quite doable.
I never said they were AMC motors. I was just asking if they were the same block(as the 304/360/401 of the AMC's are). I'm not sure about the 318/360 block, that's why I linked him the thread to the 5.2 swap :thumb:

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I see... nope no connection w the amc motors but yeah ur spot on with the 5.2 (318) connection to the 5.9 (360) he has....

·
Registered
437 Posts
Once you have enough power to spin the tires, what is the point? Break things. Waste time and money. You might be misguided. Get a girlfriend and talk to her about it.

You'll drive the Jeep more with the 2.5 or 4.0.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Once you have enough power to spin the tires, what is the point? Break things. Waste time and money. You might be misguided. Get a girlfriend and talk to her about it.

You'll drive the Jeep more with the 2.5 or 4.0.
I agree.....

The more HP/torque the more it's gonna cost, if you wheel it you'll find out fast that the drivetrain will need some expensive upgrades
your money, your Jeep do as you please

1 - 10 of 10 Posts