Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've been reading countless forum pages on here and other sites and I'm more confused then ever. I know there are some similar threads on here already and I have read them, but I'm still confused so please bare with me if any or all of this is repeated somewhere else.

I've got a 2015 Wranger Unlimited Sport and I am looking to eventually add a 2.5in lift kit and some 35's. I live in Florida and 90% of my driving is done on road, the other 10% is in the sand on the beach. I'm not looking for extreme off road performance due to the fact that most of my driving takes place on road and I'm looking to keep my wallet from completely going up in flames.

I've been looking at the rough country 2.5" Spring Suspension Lift, which comes with new shocks and springs for the front and the back.
12.JPG
Is there anything else that I would need besides the coils and shocks, i.e... exhaust spacers, bump stops, sway bar links, brake line brackets, or anything else that I might have left out? The more I read, the more confused I am because everyone says something different and each kit comes with different S***! :pullinghair:

I've also heard that being that I drive mainly on road that I should just go with a 2.5in coil spacer kit (cheaper and easier to install). If I do this, again, what all do I need? Each kit I've seen comes with different parts. Do I NEED new shocks, shock relocation brackets, exhaust spacers, bump stops, sway bar links, brake line brackets, or anything else?

I am just looking to get the 2.5in of lift so I can add the 35's and give my Jeep a little more aggressive look. Any help here is GREATLY appreciated, and thank you in advance to anyone that can add some insight here.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
2.5" will require more things like bump stops, geometry correction brackets, sway bar links and probably rear trackbar bracket. If you want your front axle centered then you will need a new front TB. Spend the money and do it right the first time or you will hate the ride and still have to do all the upgrades anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dallas, do you mean with either option I'll need all that extra stuff, or just the 2.5 coil and shocks kit?

·
Super Moderator
14,523 Posts
That RC kit is terrible. It's missing all kinds of parts that are needed and the spring rates and shocks are bad....

Read the "most popular" thread kjeeper10 posted. Don't put garbage on your brand new Jeep. Save up a little more and get good stuff! You'll be so much happier in the end.

Here's the "parts" I put in to my 2.5, a little more than springs and shocks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What gearing do you have? 3.21 and I wouldn't recommend 35's......just an opinion but I would do some reading on that issue before jumping in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you both for your replies. And thanks for posting the link to the other thread. I'm definitely going to just save the money and do it right. I don't want to go cheap and not be happy. I believe that I have the 3.21 gears and I have read a lot on that to. I know if I go with 35's I'll want to gear up as well, but I've been told that it will be fine keeping the gearing as is while saving for the upgrade, especially while I don't really go off road. Is this not true?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the aev 2.5 inch. It costs about 1000. I really like if tho I live in boston 90% of the time I'm in the road but it feels good. I'm going down to the jeep rally in Connecticut hopefully will really test it there. I would recommend this lift.

·
Super Moderator
14,523 Posts
Thank you both for your replies. And thanks for posting the link to the other thread. I'm definitely going to just save the money and do it right. I don't want to go cheap and not be happy. I believe that I have the 3.21 gears and I have read a lot on that to. I know if I go with 35's I'll want to gear up as well, but I've been told that it will be fine keeping the gearing as is while saving for the upgrade, especially while I don't really go off road. Is this not true?
Great choice for a new Jeep. There are quite a few people that run 3.21 until they can do the gearing upgrade. It's not great but with a little patience you can get there.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I put a 2.5" Teraflex Budget Boost on my 2015 JKUHR, and it's outstanding so far. I did the kit with the shock extensions, which are mandatory with factory shocks, which most folks here say are better than most aftermarkets for all around use. I wouldn't spend money on things like control arms unless your alignment shop finds that things are out of spec. I went with 34" tires.

·
Registered
623 Posts
+1 TF BB. I did the geo brackets too. I think I actually got 2.75" lift. With all the extra money left in my wallet ... I sit about .25" higher. :happyyes:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I second what Dallas and Pressurized said, save your money and do it right, you will not be disappointed. There are a bunch of little pieces that help create the overall ride quality that you don't want to skimp on. It took me almost 8 months of research, asking questions and reading numerous posts to determine exactly what I wanted and to make sure I did it right the first time. Now I couldn't be happier, ride quality is better than factory IMO, and I can't wait for my AEV Rims and 35's to be put on. Good luck and don't be in a rush to "just get it done."

·
Registered
710 Posts
We just got an AEV 2.5 inch lift this summer and we love it. Great all around. It really rides nice.
Yeah, the guys who have them say it's great. It was a few more bucks than I wanted to spend.

I I can't wait for my AEV Rims and 35's to be put on. Good luck and don't be in a rush to "just get it done."
I have the Saltas with 34"s. They seem well made. I never looked into 35"s, but I wonder which 35"s will work well with AEVs, as they run 5.2" backspace, which is a little more than the often-recommended 4.5". I suppose you could add a 3/4" spacer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts