Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm looking at buying another wrangler as I had to sell my last one because of knee surgery. Anyways, i have owned both a 4.0 and a 4cyl so I know the power difference. With that being said I'm looking at another 2.5L 4banger. This one has 4.88 pushing gears pushing 35s. So my question what shou 35s. So my question what should I expect MPG wise both around town and highway (note I don't do much highway driving) and also what kind of top end speed. Side note: My other 4cyl had 4.10s and 33s so should I expect about the same.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,624 Posts
That SE's rear Dana 35 axle isn't up to staying together with 35" tires, and that 4.88 ratio isn't up to that big of a tire either. I'd swap in some 33's which that 4.88 will be ideal for. That is assuming it has the 5-speed manual transmission. Your power and mpg will both go up with 33's.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has a ford 8.8 rear end. Forgot to mention that. And yes I realize 33s are more ideal, how ever the 35s are almost brand new. So that's why I was asking. Eventually I'd put 33s on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts