Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, currently have a 1998 2.5l on 31s and am searching for some front springs that give 2.5" of lift. However, as I have been looking, I have noticed that no company specifies whether their springs are for a 2.5l or for a 4.0l except rough country (and I refuse to get rough country). I would guess that these lifts are made for the 4.0l but does anyone know how to get 2.5" springs for a 2.5l because I feel like if I buy 2.5" springs it'll give me more than 2.5" because they were made to be put on the 4.0l.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I think you will probably be fine with 2.5 springs. If you're worried I would talk to the manufacturer. You could just get 2" springs and add a 1/2" spacer later if you aren't happy with what the springs give you.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
ive seen a lot of co's do ranges not exact heights , some cover the 2-3 range while the next offering goes 4-5, a lot depends on weight of ur rig id think too, I have a 2" shock/spring lift now but problem with it alone is causing some banana-ing of the springs due to stock control arms holdin me down/back, keep an eye on that, try summit racing, jc whitney or quadratech, I know rubicon express makes a 2.5 lift kit shocks/springs and bump stops, but im not sure of its quality

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
read thread right here yest also, that gives info on stock JK parts that can be altered slightly to fit a tj for about +3", and the parts are all over craigs list for dirt cheap,

·
Registered
229 Posts
4.0 springs will be a little taller in front. I have a lift for a 4.0 on my 2.4. It gives about 3/4" more lift in front. I went with rough country and stiffer 2.2 shocks and have no regrets yet. Lifetime warranty so I don't mind putting on new springs or shocks every few years.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Hey everyone, currently have a 1998 2.5l on 31s and am searching for some front springs that give 2.5" of lift. However, as I have been looking, I have noticed that no company specifies whether their springs are for a 2.5l or for a 4.0l except rough country (and I refuse to get rough country). I would guess that these lifts are made for the 4.0l but does anyone know how to get 2.5" springs for a 2.5l because I feel like if I buy 2.5" springs it'll give me more than 2.5" because they were made to be put on the 4.0l.

Thanks

Is your plan to leave the rear springs stock? Personally I would replace all 4 springs since your springs are likely at end-of-life being 19 years old.

If you are going to stick with 31's, I would install a 2" BDS kit or a 2.5" OME kit. (Don't worry too much about 2.5L vs 4.0L.)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I should have included more information. I have done the JK swap with all shocks and the rear springs. I used the 59's so I got 2.5" in the back but I can't get some 19 front springs for the life of me. Everyone jumps on them too quick. So I've decided to just buy some 2.5" fronts. Would it be a good idea to get 2" bds front spring in anticipation that the springs will probably give me more the 2"? Really would like to avoid spring spacers just yet so that when I do add weight, then I can used those to level the Jeep back out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts