Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2"bb and a 1.25"bl is a 1MML needed?

Hey guys I have been reading up on my current setup which I havent installed yet but I was wondering if a MML is needed with a 2"BB and a 1.25"BL?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think some guys are getting away without doing the mml when just doing a bb. Try it without and if you get driveline vibrations you can add it later.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Its not needed but its reccomended. A mml will fix any drive line issues you may have with a 2in lift and it will make it so you dont have to mod your fan shroud with your bodylift.

By the way I'm running the same set up your talking about.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Its not needed but its reccomended. A mml will fix any drive line issues you may have with a 2in lift and it will make it so you dont have to mod your fan shroud with your bodylift.

This. It is not needed if you move the fan shroud down an inch, but it well worth it for the driveline advantages they offer.I recommend full replacement 1" motor mount lifts instead of the cheaper motor mount spacers some manufacturers offer as a cheap-o way to achieve these results.

Brown dog offers a sturdy 1" motor mount lift for $85, and you can't beat the made in America quality! :punk:

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
MarkNog said:
This. It is not needed if you move the fan shroud down an inch, but it well worth it for the driveline advantages they offer.I recommend full replacement 1" motor mount lifts instead of the cheaper motor mount spacers some manufacturers offer as a cheap-o way to achieve these results.

Brown dog offers a sturdy 1" motor mount lift for $85, and you can't beat the made in America quality! :punk:
Plus it raises your oil pan and sets you up for a tt in the future

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CMA_Rider said:

How do you like it?

·
Registered
367 Posts

what is the difference between a mml and mm spacers? like is it 2 totally different things?:confused:

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
what is the difference between a mml and mm spacers? like is it 2 totally different things?:confused:
You can either get 1" aluminum blocks that go between your existing motor mounts or new motor mounts that are 1" higher. My mounts were fine so I opted for spacers. In hindsight, I should have just gotten new mounts to make things simpler. It'll all be a moot point if I ever get the Savvy under armor. Still saving.

·
Registered
367 Posts
BLK00TJ said:
You can either get 1" aluminum blocks that go between your existing motor mounts or new motor mounts that are 1" higher. My mounts were fine so I opted for spacers. In hindsight, I should have just gotten new mounts to make things simpler. It'll all be a moot point if I ever get the Savvy under armor. Still saving.
What are the advantages of one or the other? As far as driving differences?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
There are no real difference, one raises your existing motor mount while the other completely replaces it

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
There are no real difference, one raises your existing motor mount while the other completely replaces it
However, if you do get new mounts, get the one with rubber bushings and not poly. The poly bushings transfer a lot more vibrations through to the frame.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Stanton Tucker said:
So basically get the cheaper of the two?
The main difference is your stock motor mounts will absorb more vibration than any of the 1" lifted mounts. I bought the brown dog 1" raised rubber mounts,andthe with my 4 cyl (4 cyl engine produces more vibrations than the 4.0) they still transfered too much vibration for my liking.
So I would say if your stock mounts are in good condition I would get the 1" aluminum blocks

1 - 20 of 36 Posts