Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could a 2" BB cause the U-joints to pop under heavy torque situations?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Doing a BB lift would not directly cause a u-joint to start popping. What likely happened is they were already going out and now that you've increased the drive line angle they are stressed more causing a noticeable noise. Get some good u-joints in there then see if you have any vibrations when driving (mostly in acceleration). If you don't you should be fine. If you do have vibs you will want to look into dropping the transfer case, or other better but way more expensive routes.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doing a BB lift would not directly cause a u-joint to start popping. What likely happened is they were already going out and now that you've increased the drive line angle they are stressed more causing a noticeable noise. Get some good u-joints in there then see if you have any vibrations when driving (mostly in acceleration). If you don't you should be fine. If you do have vibs you will want to look into dropping the transfer case, or other better but way more expensive routes.
Ok thanks i'll take a look

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
Yea they are probably going out. When I did my 2" BB the front u-joint went out like a month later. It was hashed for some time before, but I never noticed anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts