Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed 33x12.5 tires (coming from 31x10.5) and i noticed the front tires were almost touching the front fenders and the rear looked fine. I measured front the center of all the wheels to the bottom of the fender flares and it showed about 2 inches lower in the front than in the back...

What i want to know is: can i put 2" spring spacers in the just the front without problems?

right before new tires:

View attachment 1980578

After larger tires:

View attachment 1980586

View attachment 1980594

·
Registered
404 Posts
Those tires are too big for even a full 2" lift. You need at least 3" lift for 33" tires and stock fenders.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My plans areto get the zone 4.25 combo lift kit but that got put on the back burners since i had to use my tax money on something else this year. My temporary fix for the saging is to do this

·
Registered
526 Posts
put the 31's back on. save your money for the lift kit. if not, just buy the spacers. Just be careful about the shocks. if they aren't long enough your ganna have a bumpy ride.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 31s were bald.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
I've had 1.75" rubicon express bb spacers on my Jeep for a few years on stock length shocks and it rides the same as before...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The stock stocks are too short for a budget boost.
They might be too short for budget boost on top of the stock springs if the springs werent saging. Im not trying to get a 2" lift in the front, im trying to get the front to be level with the rear since the front is 2" lower than the rear.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those tires are too big for even a full 2" lift. You need at least 3" lift for 33" tires and stock fenders.
How are the tires too large for stock lift and stock fenders when i run them everyday and have no problems? I could see them posing a problem if i did a lot of offroading but daily it isnt a problem. The only reason i want to add a front lift is to level out the jeep. But even with the 2" of saging in the front i have no rubbing on nirmal street driving or bumpy dirt roads. So please explain how i need more of a lift?

·
Registered
404 Posts
How are the tires too large for stock lift and stock fenders when i run them everyday and have no problems? I could see them posing a problem if i did a lot of offroading but daily it isnt a problem. The only reason i want to add a front lift is to level out the jeep. But even with the 2" of saging in the front i have no rubbing on nirmal street driving or bumpy dirt roads. So please explain how i need more of a lift?

I can promise you they will rub if you hit a big bump. They are too large for a stock height TJ.

The front end isn't sagging, the rear is higher than the front on all stock TJs. The rear is also supposed to sit higher than the front for functional purposes.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
So please explain how i need more of a lift?
33's are most commonly fit in two ways on TJ's:

1. 4" suspension lift, with ~2" bumpstop extensions in front and ~2-2.5" in the rear. Requires a SYE/CV shaft.
2. ~2.5-3" suspension lift, with a 1.25" body lift, with ~1.25" bumpstop extensions in front and ~1.25-1.5" in the rear. The 1.25" BL usually accompanies a 1" Motor Mount Lift to offset some of the driveline angles.

Either way you go you'll also need to check full bump, full flex and full droop and figure on many of the following components: longer front brake lines, extended sway bar links front and rear, gears, brake and steering upgrades to accommodate larger tires, SYE, CV shaft, bumpstop extensions, new shocks, adjustable track bars, and a rear track bar bracket.

Here's how I ended up fitting 33s...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok... so, i want to level my jeep as it sits right now. I cannot buy a proper lift kit right now since i had to get new wheels instead. I want to put a 2" coil spacer in the front to level it out. Will i need longer shocks or will they be ok for now?(im ok with a rough ride until i can get the lift kit, but i do want to be safe on the road) Will i need longer bumpstops as well? is there anything else i will need to fix with this budget boost in the front? (Longer brake lines, t case drop, sye, etc.)

Ps. I would like to put these on top of my lift kit when i get it so i get added looks instead of reselling them so i wont be wasting money

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Ok... so, i want to level my jeep as it sits right now. I cannot buy a proper lift kit right now since i had to get new wheels instead. I want to put a 2" coil spacer in the front to level it out. Will i need longer shocks or will they be ok for now?(im ok with a rough ride until i can get the lift kit, but i do want to be safe on the road) Will i need longer bumpstops as well? is there anything else i will need to fix with this budget boost in the front? (Longer brake lines, t case drop, sye, etc.)

Ps. I would like to put these on top of my lift kit when i get it so i get added looks instead of reselling them so i wont be wasting money
your Jeep is very level as it sits now based on the pictures you've attached.

I actually prefer a rake with the rear higher. The stock setup is about 1" rake. This is so when you have a hard top, people or gear in the back you're not dragging arse.

You installed tires and wheels that are too big for your suspension. Your jeep is already level. You need a lift or smaller tires, that's all there is to it.

To answer your questions, yes you will need longer shocks, bumpstop extensions, etc.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ill take that into consideration. Thanks

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Plenty of people run stock shocks with a BB... I've done for over 20k miles with zero problems.
My Jeep is a DD and the only Offroad it sees is the fields edge or back dirt country roads, I'm not flexing the suspension so the shocks are fine...

Am I saying that this is the 100% correct way? No.
Does it work? Yes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Honestly it might weigh 10 pounds more than the stock bumper. Adding the d rings might add 5-10 more pounds. But that isnt why. I took my stock spare tire off which could cause less weight in the rear also.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I only put a 2" BB on my front, mainly to level it out when I put the winch on. And kept the stock shocks. It works, actually worked well. But if I would do it again, I would get new shocks as well, it's the same amount of work. We had to take the shocks off anyway, so might as well had just put new ones on when we did it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts