Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Installing mine very soon. I'll let you know if I like it. A lot of people have the 2" BB and seem to be happy with it. I plan to do the 1.25" BL with the 2" BB. Just waiting on my Bilstein 5100s. There on back order. :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need new shocks anyway so it might just be a good idea and some motivation to just do it all at once

·
Registered
568 Posts

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Are spacers actually good performance-wise? I'm a little sketchy about them
Performance wise, they retain most of the stock ride and stock reliablity with the extra clearance. Nothing to really be concerned about.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
And what would be the biggest tires with just the 2" BB? 31s?
32" tire is pretty much the max for a 2" BB. I trimmed my flares up 1", so I am running 33" tires with the 2" BB and bumpstops.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Had my TJ for 2 weeks and...

thats the lift I am planning on but not sure if I should wait until I get new tires (bigger) right now I have 30" and not sure that would look dumb.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Are spacers actually good performance-wise? I'm a little sketchy about them
good? depends how you define "good" and what you're looking to accomplish.

BB spacers are not an improvement by suspension performance standards, but they're tolerable for the most part.

A real spring lift is always a better choice for suspension performance/mechanics.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Reviving an old thread vs creating a new one...

Trying to plan a "road to 33s" since let's face it, this stuff aint cheap.

So a simple 2" budget boost involving spacers, a decent set of shocks and bumpstops should in theory retain most of your stock ride? I can definitely see needing to replace your sway bar links at some point. But what about your front and rear track bars? No adjustable front or relocation bracket for the rear? I imagine I'll need an alignment after slapping on new tires and wheels.

Pairing it with a jks 1.25 body lift and mml as well. Hoping the mml will take care of any driveline vibes I might get. This is a mostly street Jeep with no hard wheeling yet, I'm new so I don't plan on pushing it. Curious if I'd be able to run this setup for awhile and start replacing other things as I go like brakes, gearing, new springs, etc.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I did the Rubicon Express Budget boost on my previous jeep. The kit came with new shocks, the 2" spacers for the springs and the longer bump stops. It was well worth the money. No other mods were required. Still had a smooth ride.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I just went through this - depending on what kit you buy you're buying a leveling kit or equal spacers all around. Because I went through the headache of doing the front twice, my advice would be get 1.5 inch spacers for the back and 2.0 inch spacers for the front. Levels the TJ out nicely. Call Rough Country - they sell the spacers for $30-50 a pair. You'll want new shocks, bump stops and steering stabilizer if you're doing the job. All in will probably be around $250-400 depending on what product you get.

Below are updated photos of the lift with the 1.5 spacers in back, 2.0 in front. Everyone rags on Rough Country but I'm not taking my Rubi rock crawling, for around town and the beach I'm content with this setup, didn't require new track bars or crazy parts and drives better than stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Cool thanks guys, nice looking rubi. I see you got the smoked signals, do they dim the flasher much? Changing lanes in Los Angeles is hard enough as it is haha

·
Registered
424 Posts
I actually live in LA most of the time, split my time between LA and NYC. I was going to ship my Rubi out but I don't see them anywhere, prices are much higher than east coast and am nervous around parking it on the street.

The dimmer lights are slightly dimmer with lights / blinkers on but not too bad - worth the look and haven't had issues with visibility. I have an extra pair of the dim driving lights, brand new in box if you want them just pay for shipping. The markers I don't have unfortunately, used those new when I put on the new fender flares (nuts I used on previous dim set were not coming off).

If you end up changing your flare markers, I have hundreds of self the sheet metal nuts as well. Only needed 2 and they're impossible to find, had to order larger quantity through a hardware distributor. Photo below of what I'm referring to.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts