Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I bought a set of never used 2016 JK Rubicon shocks and the seller threw in the springs. I have a JKU Sahara. I know the shocks will work. Will the springs offer any benefit over my Sahara springs?

·
Premium Member
9,626 Posts
You have to look at the part number. Look at the last to digits, the higher the number the stiffer the springs. Other than the 10A and Recon all Jeeps use teh same family of springs determined by the type how the rig is optioned out. Larger springs will be on a 4dr compared to a 4dr, max tow package gets bigger springs, etc. No way to tell other than look at the part number.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
those will actually lower your current set up.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
A JKU would have spring range PN

front 16A to 19A

Rear 56A to 60A

Most JKU Rubi tow pkg dual tops come factory with 18A front, 59A rear.
The only ones that Benefit from heavier springs are the 2dr using the 4dr springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
For reference, the front springs on my Chief (special edition based on JKU Sahara) with Max Tow are 52125217AC and the rear springs are 68004458AA. So those springs will definitely lower your Jeep, but not by a great deal.

Reactions: MABackCountry

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know this is an old thread but just posting my feedback. I had 56 in the rear in a 2 door sport with a hardtop and springs were sagging. I went to 58s and honestly, regret it. The jeep drives well when loaded with weight but when empty the rear rides stiffer and does not absorb bumps as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts