Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, im kind of new to the jeep world, came from the land of samurais and decided power and reliability and comfort were sorta important. ANYWAY, I picked up a 2005 TJ from a dealer in town, and long story short, I have to pick up a soft top. I found one, but its from a not-too-smart person, and their wrangler's a 2007 - a JK, I assume (2 door, she says not extended...) so, should the soft top from that fit my TJ? anyone know? ive looked kinda far and come up empty handed. The reason i need one is the zipper on the rear panels is ripped and theres no way to zip on the rear window.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Nope, they are not compatible, the JK is a completely different design, keep looking. Only a TJ top will fit a TJ.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
earthmaggot said:
Hi there, im kind of new to the jeep world, came from the land of samurais and decided power and reliability and comfort were sorta important. ANYWAY, I picked up a 2005 TJ from a dealer in town, and long story short, I have to pick up a soft top. I found one, but its from a not-too-smart person, and their wrangler's a 2007 - a JK, I assume (2 door, she says not extended...) so, should the soft top from that fit my TJ? anyone know? ive looked kinda far and come up empty handed. The reason i need one is the zipper on the rear panels is ripped and theres no way to zip on the rear window.

Thanks!
Hope you find one but have you looked into sewing the zipper up, would he great to fix it and save the money good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will the soft top itself fit the TJ frame? I have the same situation, I have a JK top and a TJ Jeep, I know the frames won't interchange but will the tops?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Holy thread bump. No the JK is wider than a TJ, and I believe the sides of the JK are also longer than a TJ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts