Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Jeeps, but I'm new to the 2 door Wrangler and love the car, but the unsecured storage is making me a little crazy. I would like to see any pics any of you folks might have of one you've built or recommendations of one you've purchased. I have a small taffy enclosure that works great, but I need more space. I'm going to remove the back seats and would like to convert that space into secured storage.

Love reading the posts on the forum, great stuff folks and thanks for sharing your experience.

Best Ted

·
Registered
179 Posts
Check out products from Tuffy, Aries, or Jeep Backbone for turning the rear into lockable trunk space. I have the Jeep Backbone in my JKU, very happy with it so far.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
678 Posts
Do you have this enclosure?

JK Tailgate Enclosure

If you're planning on taking the backseat out, you can fit this model meant for the 4 doors:

JK Security Deck Enclosure

I have the two door model and love it. One of my favorite purchases for my Jeep!

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I'd buy the Tuffy security And gun safe to chain up

Hi Buddy , for my money I'd buy the Tuffy security enclosure And a heavy gun safe to chain up with heavy chain , and I'd put ' protected by s & w ' decals on the windows ; I would also mount a Tuffy hood lock And a chain to lock my wheel . I'd have many chains and locks , and also a big baseball bat for good measure . :bop:

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have a 2 door 2017 JK and a Tuffy 282-01 security enclosure.

I really like it.

observations:
-It allows use of the rear seats for passengers.
-First time putting it in was a slight btch, after that taking it in and out was under five minutes a pop.
-there is some inconvenience with larger items either with or without rear seats folded up, but you can just remove the enclosure if you need the space.
- the enclosure is secure with roof on or off and with either power door locks or without. people on other threads who say it is not secure with power locks are wrong. my 2017 has per locks and even if you can reach into the main part of the vehicle and use the power locks they do NOT open the rear hatch lock if you are not using the fob or key.
-i got mine for 195 shipped from morris

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
There are two Tuffy enclosures for a JK (2dr). Some folks have pointed you to the 326 already and I have the 299 in mine. The 326 has a top that lifts up after you open the tailgate allowing better/easier access to the front end of the enclosed area. However if you have a soft top, you still have to undo the windows to use this feature. If you store your gear on top of the box like I do, then you can't open the pop-top of the 326 anyway. So I saved some money and bought the 299. The Tuffy instructions talk about drilling through the bottom of the tub to mount the front panel but you don't have to do that. You can cut down two J-bolts and hook them under the rear seat attachment points for security. I don't know if you have a soft top but if you have a boot for it that uses the tub rails like mine does (Smittybilt) it will still work with either of the Tuffy enclosures.

You might want to talk to someone that has the Jeep Backbone model too. It certainly is a nicer looking box and covers the back completely. But standby for a wallet-ectomy if you go for it. :happyyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the tips. I've removed the back seat and ordered the Tuffy 173 security trunk. I'll report back how it works.

Ted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts