Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

Track Your Build. Get Inspiration from Others
Discussion Starter #6

Shake your head all you want, but the new 44's are STOUT. We have friends who have been wheeling across the country and hitting every trail they can with no real issues. unless you are doing some hardcore bouncing, 44s will hold up to 40s.

Discussion Starter #8
I do not believe that one bit but ok.
You don't have to believe it..
But if you want to see, please look up Unofficial Use Only on facebook or instagram or just @Theunofficialbob on instagram. Well built JLUR on factory axles and gears with 40s. Bob has wheeled all across the country and given those axles hell. The only issue so far was a rear axle shaft spline bend. Nothing some chromoly shafts couldnt fix within an hour!
We are a believer in the JL platform, and that Jeep has finally listened to the needs of the people here.

Do you have a JL Rubicon that you wheel with? Or are you just basing all info off the JK 44s?

Registered
I do not believe that one bit but ok.
You don't have to believe it..
But if you want to see, please look up Unofficial Use Only on facebook or instagram or just @Theunofficialbob on instagram. Well built JLUR on factory axles and gears with 40s. Bob has wheeled all across the country and given those axles hell. The only issue so far was a rear axle shaft spline bend. Nothing some chromoly shafts couldnt fix within an hour!
We are a believer in the JL platform, and that Jeep has finally listened to the needs of the people here.

Do you have a JL Rubicon that you wheel with? Or are you just basing all info off the JK 44s?
I do not need to own a JL to know that no Dana 44 should be on 40s. Plus, now I know you broke it already on stock gearing while underpowered for those tires (not even a regear?) and now added chromos. Good bye ring and pinion lol. You just made my point for me.

Discussion Starter #10
I do not need to own a JL to know that no Dana 44 should be on 40s. Plus, now I know you broke it already on stock gearing while underpowered for those tires (not even a regear?) and now added chromos. Good bye ring and pinion lol. You just made my point for me.
No worries you do you, and we'll keep posting badass rigs that wheel and have an awesome time doing so no matter what they are set up on. We can all have differing opinions. Happy wheeling!

Registered
No worries you do you, and we'll keep posting badass rigs that wheel and have an awesome time doing so no matter what they are set up on. We can all have differing opinions. Happy wheeling!
Uh huh... good luck

Registered
That Maverick Jeep wheels a lot and hasn't had any issues. But I am sure upgraded axles will be in it's future, I believe the owner owns Offroad Elements here in Massachusetts.

it's definitely one of the nicest looking JL's i've seen so far. Makes me want to trade in the JK

Discussion Starter #13
That Maverick Jeep wheels a lot and hasn't had any issues. But I am sure upgraded axles will be in it's future, I believe the owner owns Offroad Elements here in Massachusetts.

it's definitely one of the nicest looking JL's i've seen so far. Makes me want to trade in the JK
Its one of the reasons one of our guys sold is JK and bought a Turbo JLU in the same color! SO rad!

Registered

He just said above he twisted splines on a rear shaft with stock gearing still meaning its underpowered for 40s and breaking stuff.

Registered
He just said above he twisted splines on a rear shaft with stock gearing still meaning its underpowered for 40s and breaking stuff.
What's wrong with wheeling something until you break it and then upgrade? Who says you have to replace everything at one time? Can I see your Fun Police badge? I bet it's shiny.
Sounds like a fun day on the trail.

Registered
We get it, shut up already.

Get that Jeep some half doors and it will be perfect (I'm waiting for them too lol)!

Reactions: REVKIT

Registered
Too much even for Dana 44s

From what I have looked into Dana 60s would be the choice of drive shafts for those tires. The Dana 44s match well up to 37" tires, good luck with that rig it looks awesome.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts