Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, soft top is fully intact, and you roll drivers window down, what is bad about this? Around 30mph, I am getting exorbitant amounts of wind through the cab. Is this damaging my soft top support system, or soft top in general? I like to ride with windows down, but I feel I am doing damage to soft top somehow, plus wind is too much to enjoy. (Weather has been nice too, light breeze, no hard wind)

Anyone use window sill guards, make a difference? Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
i don't think i had excessive amounts of wind through the cab. Do you have the door sills on and the soft top latched in to them? I could see where that could create more wind coming in between the door and the vertical roll bar.

But then again, if the weather is nice enough, just drop the top down :)

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
You can drive with your windows down with no issues.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, soft top completely up, not using sunrider. Was trying to find another jeep on road doing it, but couldn't, so figured it was bad. It also looks as the side widows are about to completely suck in when riding with door windows down

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Nope, soft top completely up, not using sunrider. Was trying to find another jeep on road doing it, but couldn't, so figured it was bad. It also looks as the side widows are about to completely suck in when riding with door windows down
As I stated above, you can lower your driver's window with no issue.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have a hartop,, but I get tons of wind blown right into my face and ear with the window down.

Im 6-2 , and have the seat all the way back,, I did get the Window deflectors and it helped a little , not alot.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I have a hartop,, but I get tons of wind blown right into my face and ear with the window down.

Im 6-2 , and have the seat all the way back,, I did get the Window deflectors and it helped a little , not alot.
Thanks for that valuable input, but the OP is concerned about the integrity of his soft top with the amount of wind coming in. Wear a kerchief and you hairdo will be fine. :D

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Just curious, soft top is fully intact, and you roll drivers window down, what is bad about this? Around 30mph, I am getting exorbitant amounts of wind through the cab.
Nope, soft top completely up, not using sunrider. . . . It also looks as the side widows are about to completely suck in when riding with door windows down
Ahh, yes, I see what's going on here. It's called, "Driving a Jeep."

What you're describing is what occurs as a consequence of having essentially flat walls for doors and a glorified tent for a roof. Wait'll you start driving around without doors. You'll adapt. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it. Was just wondering if anyone figured out way to play with the zippers, or configure back zippers to allow venting, but still have them for the most part intact.

I do like the way the jeep looks with the doors out. Going to have to make my next investment a cab cover or tarp.

On that, anyone have a picture of what a jeep looks like with the front windows down, and that back window getting sucked in? I can't really picture it myself, but I can get a glimpse from my side view mirrors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts