Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking to get a roof rack and roof tent for my 2 door jk. Looking for ideas/recommendations. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2,753 Posts
I am currently looking to get a roof rack and roof tent for my 2 door jk. Looking for ideas/recommendations. Thanks.

We usually recommend the Rhino Rack system. We sell a good many of these and they are defiantly tough.

Let us know if we can help!

·
Registered
90 Posts

I have a Kargo Master Safari setup which I really like; they are made in Northern California, and are reasonably priced.
2 Door JK Rack

I've run that and a Smittybilt tent for over 2 years without issues (other than occasional squeaking when off-road).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

We usually recommend the Rhino Rack system. We sell a good many of these and they are defiantly tough.

Let us know if we can help!

Have you guys set up 2 doors with the rhino rack and roof tents? I was looking at that with a tepui ayer and it looked like spacing would be off?

2,753 Posts
Have you guys set up 2 doors with the rhino rack and roof tents? I was looking at that with a tepui ayer and it looked like spacing would be off?

We personally haven't seen it done or done one on a 2 door. Mostly 4 doors, we have ordered and done them on. also seen it on a local Dodge 2500 as well. Wish I could be more of help.

Austin

·
Registered
24 Posts
Smittybilt standard size tent on a Gobi Stealth Rack. Opening to the side, it takes up your entire roof. Opening to the rear, you gain some storage in the front (enough for two Ridgid dry boxes from Home Depot) and it also covers the rear of the Jeep.

These are the pics I have immediately available, mostly the stuff I post on Instagram. If you want more or details on mounting let me know.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Smittybilt standard size tent on a Gobi Stealth Rack. Opening to the side, it takes up your entire roof. Opening to the rear, you gain some storage in the front (enough for two Ridgid dry boxes from Home Depot) and it also covers the rear of the Jeep.

These are the pics I have immediately available, mostly the stuff I post on Instagram. If you want more or details on mounting let me know.

Nice Jeep, beautiful pics! Looks peaceful, and relaxing.
I am not to far away from NH. If I may ask, where are you camping?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice Jeep, beautiful pics! Looks peaceful, and relaxing.
I am not to far away from NH. If I may ask, where are you camping?
Mostly the dispersed campsites off the forest service roads throughout the white mountains. I don't post details about the job marked spots like the one in the pic publicly because I'd rather not see the traffic increase thorough them. I've seen places get shut down pretty quickly due to that.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Mostly the dispersed campsites off the forest service roads throughout the white mountains. I don't post details about the job marked spots like the one in the pic publicly because I'd rather not see the traffic increase thorough them. I've seen places get shut down pretty quickly due to that.

Understandable, they probably get shut down more so because of people who don’t respect Mother Nature. Thank you

·
Registered
92 Posts

That looks awesome. Considering ditching the ground gear.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts