Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have soft 8s with 4 inch bs- can I get 33 inch duratracs on with a Skyjacker BB. According to Skyjacker the biggest is a 32 but they don't make duratracs in a 32 :(

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
You're going to rub a ton when you crawl over anything...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This winter I won't be doing anything off road. Just snow:) what about a BB and 1"BL ?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have it on good authority that you can do 2"BB and 1-1.25" BL,trim flares,and run 33s all day without much trouble.This is what I am working towards myself.I can't afford 4" psycho lift with SYE and new driveshaft,etc.!Not trying to spend between $5-12,000 for all that,myself.I am taking small steps on a budget,and will slowly work my way up.Not hating on those of you with deep pockets full of $$$$$$,but mine definately are not.If you aren't doing any extreme wheeling,you should be able to get away with it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I apologize for my ignorance but how is 33s with a BB different Than 31s on stock?

FYI I have 3.73 gears on a d44 I-6 5 spd. If that has an impact on anyones suggestion.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
This winter I won't be doing anything off road. Just snow:) what about a BB and 1"BL ?
Lots of guys run 33s with a 2" BB and a 1"BL . . . should be fine . . . just check your bumpstops or do some fender trimming if you rub a bit.

·
Registered
424 Posts
If you NEVER go offroad,and only drive on asphalt,you MIGHT be able to get away with 33s on a 2"BB.Since you have aftermarket wheels,you have a chance.I am partial to my O.E.M. Canyon wheels,and only have an inch or so before my rear tires hit the upper coil spring cups.Not being a fan of wide tires anyway,I plan to run either a 33x9.50 or 10.50x15 tire-I want the height,not so much the width.That is why I don't want 32s,because I haven't been able to find them in narrow width so far.I don't like the idea of wheel spacers,and will never go rock-crawling.Most any terrain around here involves mud and such,and taller,narrower,more aggressive tread seems to work better.Just my 2 cents-take it as you like!

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
If you NEVER go offroad,and only drive on asphalt,you MIGHT be able to get away with 33s on a 2"BB.Since you have aftermarket wheels,you have a chance.I am partial to my O.E.M. Canyon wheels,and only have an inch or so before my rear tires hit the upper coil spring cups.Not being a fan of wide tires anyway,I plan to run either a 33x9.50 or 10.50x15 tire-I want the height,not so much the width.That is why I don't want 32s,because I haven't been able to find them in narrow width so far.I don't like the idea of wheel spacers,and will never go rock-crawling.Most any terrain around here involves mud and such,and taller,narrower,more aggressive tread seems to work better.Just my 2 cents-take it as you like!
I've been running 2" and 33's for several months, and wheel it, it's ok. I trimmed the flares since they rubbed offroad, and I don't disconnect all the time. But it can be wheeled, and driven anywhere else, it's just that you've crippled the suspension somewhat. Like someone above mentioned, you can throw on an inch or inch and a half body lift and be perfect for 33's.... Then you're also already set up for the tummy tuck you'll be wanting somewhere down the line.... :)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
25172021k said:
I have soft 8s with 4 inch bs- can I get 33 inch duratracs on with a Skyjacker BB. According to Skyjacker the biggest is a 32 but they don't make duratracs in a 32 :(
You'll be fine dude.
Ive got 33s on mine.
They barely rub to be honest, still getting flatty fenders though.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I had 33's with BL only. When I go mine it had 33x12.5 on AR Baja wheels, Bushwacker 6" flares and a 1.25 BL. I had no rubbing on the street or light trails. I ran that for 2 years. I recently go a 2" BDS lift. Plenty of people have run 33's with a 2" BB on the street.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bump. So I got the BB on and I have 5 -31x10.5x15 and 5 33x12.50x15 sitting my basement- which ones go on?!?!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The BB came with bump stop spacers. They are about 1" then the bump stop itself extends about 2" from the cup. Is this enough???

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
25172021k said:
The BB came with bump stop spacers. They are about 1" then the bump stop itself extends about 2" from the cup. Is this enough???
Go for the 33x12.5s, you'll be fine dude

·
Registered
64 Posts
They will rub, but not horrible unless you disconnect.
I run a BB with 33s, but trimmed the fenders so I can disconnect, they still rub at full stuff.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts