Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had some time this weekend to install my 2 inch BB it took about 5 hours. The hardest part was trying to get those front springs back in after the spacers were put in. I would recommed spring compressors to anyone who will be attempting this! The best part of it all is when I went today to get the wheels aligned I forgot that I had purchased an alignment package. That was a nice surprise, now I have unlimited alignments for the next 3 years!!

I was itching to hit lost creek today with this nice weather. Hopefully soon! Let me know if anyone is going out that way soon.

image-4129079665.jpg

image-3274463237.jpg

image-3454952640.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wwch99tj said:
Man looks good I want to lift mine so bad, maybe with taxes this yr
Thanks! Yeah next item to do is new shocks. (I should have done them when I was installing the bb)

·
2.5L>4.0L
1,493 Posts
00BLUETJ said:
Thanks! Yeah next item to do is new shocks. (I should have done them when I was installing the bb)
I'll prob head out salunday when it's 70

·
2.5L>4.0L
1,493 Posts
Yes. Some overnight wheeling lol.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I finally had some time this weekend to install my 2 inch BB it took about 5 hours. The hardest part was trying to get those front springs back in after the spacers were put in. I would recommed spring compressors to anyone who will be attempting this! The best part of it all is when I went today to get the wheels aligned I forgot that I had purchased an alignment package. That was a nice surprise, now I have unlimited alignments for the next 3 years!!

I was itching to hit lost creek today with this nice weather. Hopefully soon! Let me know if anyone is going out that way soon.

View attachment 90327

View attachment 90328

View attachment 90329
Glad to hear it went in smooth!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's been about a week and all is well, the only complaint is that it is a super stiff ride. Do you think if I replaced the stock shocks that it would help?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I've heard shocks can definitely soften the ride, I've heard Rancho RS5000 are softer than stock , but I guess it's trial and error to find the comfort area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts