Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Happy Veterans' Day...

2012 JKUR

Issue #1. Disconnected Sway Bar (Rubicon), Pressed again to reconnect. I believe it reconnected and of course I still have the flashing light. Hoping it's just an indication problem.

Issue #2. I have a JTOPS sunshade with LEDs. The LEDs have running lights, reverse lights, brake lights and turn signals. The right turn signal does not work, however on the rest of my Jeep it is normal. I contacted JTOPS and they sent me a new LED wire bundle. No help tho. Waiting on them to call me back but didn't know if any wire whisperers here had any ideas.

Thanks in advance for some direction with these...

·
Registered
108 Posts
You can check the physical wiring/connection to the right signal, defects/ not perfect connections can make it by QA, also ground could be a possible issue. As for the disconnect Id throw an OBD on it and see if any code is being thrown/ also would just disconnect the battery for a bit to see if the indication clears.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Hi all,

Happy Veterans' Day...

2012 JKUR

Issue #1. Disconnected Sway Bar (Rubicon), Pressed again to reconnect. I believe it reconnected and of course I still have the flashing light. Hoping it's just an indication problem.
That is an issue with our aging Rubicon's. I removed mine twice to clean it out and re-grease it. Ended up replacing the motor with a EVO 1087 and shutting down the sensor with a ProCal.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
The E-disco is a great idea, but poorly implemented. Cleaned out mine a few times and worked. Now down for the count. looking at replacing it.

Reactions: Hilock

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What exactly do I clean? I removed the electrical connector and it looked good. It's raining today and my Jeep won't fit in my garage. Thanks!!

The E-disco is a great idea, but poorly implemented. Cleaned out mine a few times and worked. Now down for the count. looking at replacing it.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an OBD that will shut off the light, but I like for things to work lol....My job reinforces that every day lol...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I'll pull out the tail light when the weather cooperates. I have a LED Trucklight tail light. I just added a new Poison Spyder resistor on both tail lights. The old resistors'wires were dry rotted. I'll double-check the connections in there. It's just strange that everything works except for the turn signal in the JTOPS LED lights.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
What exactly do I clean? I removed the electrical connector and it looked good. It's raining today and my Jeep won't fit in my garage. Thanks!!
Water gets in the mechanical portion. The locking ring gets into a bind.

Reactions: Hilock
1 - 9 of 9 Posts