Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Place holder for any that may be interested. 2 Jan 16 leaving from Saint George (we are driving up from Vegas that morning most likely...we shall see if we don't leave the night prior and stay in St George).

Toroweap Overlook (3000 ft above the Colorado), possibly Whitmore Canyon Overlook too (800 ft above the Colorado), and possibly something else in lieu of Whitmore. If you are worried about fuel (85 miles from I-15 to Toroweap), I can assist by carrying up to 15 gl in addition what what I'm bringing as my extra (4 gl).

Happy New Year's is coming.

The target area along the Colorado / Grand Canyon:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Treating it as a 1/ all day out and back on the 2d. Everything else is personal pref.

Additionally, Hell's Hole (SE of the School House / north of the Bar 10 Ranch) has caught my interest. Looks like I found a trail in from the north and that is a pretty cool geologic feature...amongst a bunch of them. Getting off the main routes a bit would be nice and this one should meet that.

You know you wanna. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Super jealous...I would totally be game, but I don't get back into town till the 3rd. Then jeep will be down 4th maybe 5th. Best Western Abby Inn I believe is the name usually has good prices, and is a decent stay. Black Bear Dinner near the hotel is good for breakfast. Have fun and enjoy...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No excuse ricky bobby. ;) Actually, making that unicorn LJ more robust? I guess that does count. Get her back up and we will do some wheeling. Thanks for the recs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks...don't mean to brag, but it may or may not be getting a 4in Savvy springs, aluminum control arms, Currie adjustable track bars front \ rear trackbar, and Savvy tuned Fox shocks looking to put this one through its paces.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks...don't mean to brag, but it may or may not be getting a 4in Savvy springs, aluminum control arms, Currie adjustable track bars front \ rear trackbar, and Savvy tuned Fox shocks looking to put this one through its paces.
Yeah. Savvy makes one hell of a setup. Good company. I must say that I might have spent a grand...or four with Larry & Brett @Vegas 4X4 in the last year. Very happy with how they worked with me on the initial and dialing it in.

I'm really thinking of going up there w u guys.
Dusthol--well then come on up! Bring a 5 gallon gas can (I checked Wal-Mart last night and even the new CARB certified ones are still cheap~$12 for a 5gl one) and I can strap it on my cargo carrier if wanted/needed.

Tentatively, let's go with a 0900 linkup at the Pilot Travel Center at Exit 4, Saint George. If we need to move that time later to facilitate, that can be worked easily enough. Saturday the 2d.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Yeah. Savvy makes one hell of a setup. Good company. I must say that I might have spent a grand...or four with Larry & Brett @Vegas 4X4 in the last year. Very happy with how they worked with me on the initial and dialing it in.

Dusthol--well then come on up! Bring a 5 gallon gas can (I checked Wal-Mart last night and even the new CARB certified ones are still cheap~$12 for a 5gl one) and I can strap it on my cargo carrier if wanted/needed.

Tentatively, let's go with a 0900 linkup at the Pilot Travel Center at Exit 4, Saint George. If we need to move that time later to facilitate, that can be worked easily enough. Saturday the 2d.
Ok...at this time I will say I will be there. I have 6 gallons I can carry.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok...at this time I will say I will be there. I have 6 gallons I can carry.
Get some! Glad to have you.

Anyone else? First time out or not, any can do...and this is an area that many of us down here in southern NV don't travel to, too often.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Get some! Glad to have you.

Anyone else? First time out or not, any can do...and this is an area that many of us down here in southern NV don't travel to, too often.
Is that 0900. Mtn time? Or our time? Makes a difference when u leave vegas

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NICE catch. Lets keep it NEVADA/PST so that anyone driving up from Vegas has time to pack last minute things, get some coffee, and not have to get up before 0600 (unless they wanna).

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
We're gonna stay two nights in St. George at the Best Western. The Chuck-A-Rama buffet is one of our favorites.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We are staying in the Best Western Travel Inn on the night of the 1st (have those two little ones to consider or we might have just driven up). We will play it by ear on whether we head back to Vegas post trail ride or not. But we are locked in. ;)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I used Trivago... your mileage may vary

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tentatively, let's go with a 0900 PST linkup at the Pilot Travel Center at Exit 4, Saint George. If we need to move that time later to facilitate, that can be worked easily enough. Saturday the 2d.
Heading up in a few hours to spend the night. Tomorrow morning, 0900PST / 1000MST, at the Pilot Travel Center, Exit 4, St George. I will be on CB Channel 3 tomorrow morn. Three of us (Jeeps) currently going. Anyone else wanting to start the New Year's Wanderlust off right, feel free to join us. Let us know on here that you are coming ...in the event you decide to show and so we don't leave early once we have the three confirmed Jeeps.

pm me if questions. I'll check WF this evening.

Best,
Glen

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks ricky bobby. Should be good as long as the daylight holds. Safe travels on your side!

Dust-good copy. Already saw Off Pavement as they are also in the BW Travel Inn, so looks like we will all be here.

Anyone else outside of the current usual suspects? Still time to do an out and back from Vegas.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts