Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I make the install, hockey puck, springs and schocks, body or what ever do I need to make ANY other adjustments such as steering or shifter linkeage?

Thoughts on best type of lift to put in, not brand but style.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Post is a little confusing, what do you have to install springs? Spacers? Body lift? And what height are they?

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've haven't decided on which type to install, my concern is do I need to deal with any linkeage on anything for a 2 in lift.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
shipjim said:
I've haven't decided on which type to install, my concern is do I need to deal with any linkeage on anything for a 2 in lift.
On a body lift, yes. On suspension you shouldn't.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
^^^^ this^^^^^

BL will require mods... 2" suspension (either springs or BB) 'shouldn't' require any more mods, but EVERY Jeep is different.

I did a 2" BB and got vibes... correction for me, was a 1" T-case drop... then I swapped that out for a 1" MML to gain my 1" clearance back.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
If you go suspension lift be sure to get an alignment done just to be safe.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Its been already said...but basically "anytime you change the suspension", its a good rule of thumb to have the alignment checked/adjusted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts