Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of doing the 2" lift on my 2011 jku. I like the factory wheels (after i powder coat them black), but I have NO clue about how to figure the new tire size. Any help is appreciated. 255x75Rx17 is what I have now

·
Registered
625 Posts
you can go to 33's, 305 70 R17 with 4.5 backspacing. You'll get some rubbing with anything bigger.

·
Super Moderator
21,993 Posts
this a 2" with 285/75-17's no rubbing even when max flexed at moab. 1.5" spidertrax spacers and stock rims.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Thinking of doing the 2" lift on my 2011 jku. I like the factory wheels (after i powder coat them black), but I have NO clue about how to figure the new tire size. Any help is appreciated. 255x75Rx17 is what I have now
Like others have said, 33's are fine. If you're not flexing it out off road you can probably go a little bigger. Just make sure you get some Wheel Spacers if you to get you to the proper back spacing. 15" should be fine. And make sure you keep them torqued!

-Ryan

·
Super Moderator
21,993 Posts
yes 285/75-17 are 34's and aev 2" lift

·
Super Moderator
21,993 Posts
no issues on or off road. It drives and rides like stock on road and never had any problems when I was in Moab.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the pics and info. That definitely the route I want to go. I want a broad stance without being too over the top. And I'll be doing some mild trails in my area. Nothing huge

1 - 12 of 12 Posts