Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I just bought a 97 tj and I'm looking to lift it about 2". Was wondering what would be a good option at a relatively cheap price? I've heard buying spacers but not really sure. New to the jeep world so any help would be great.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
2" spacers and cheap and very very common. If you want more functionality out of the 2" gain, then springs like from BDS are the way to go. I will just say it now..avoid Rough Country and Skyjacker unless you like a bone jarring harsh ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great I'll check out the bds, if I do spacers should I upgrade shocks also? I don't want a crazy ruff ride since I will be doing some highway driving. Thanks again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great I'll check out the bds, if I do spacers should I upgrade shocks also? I don't want a crazy ruff ride since I will be doing some highway driving. Thanks again.
I wish I knew how to copy and paste a link to one of my threads detailing my 2" BDS installation. I've had the lift for a about 2 months now and I have no complaints. I think it was about $425 directly from BDS. I have before and after pictures on the thread as well.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yes I would go with the BDS shocks they aren't bad! I also had to relocate the rear trackbar as well.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I wish I knew how to copy and paste a link to one of my threads detailing my 2" BDS installation. I've had the lift for a about 2 months now and I have no complaints. I think it was about $425 directly from BDS. I have before and after pictures on the thread as well.
Furrydogs - to copy and past a link, all you should have to do is to go to the page/thread that you want, click up in the address bar (where you type in the http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/www......), highlight the entire thing and right click and select 'copy'....or the easy way, highlight and press Ctrl + C (for Copy - assuming you are on a Windows machine). Then, you can 'Paste' (Ctrl + V) or (right click and 'Paste') like:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/tj-lift-reviews-25145.html

However, before you 'paste', there is a 'Link' option above where you are typing...it looks like a world with a chain link - as you put your mouse over it, it'll say "Insert Link". It'll then popup a small display box where you can then 'paste' your link. The link I did above is the same link as below...the one below I used the 'Insert Link' option.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/tj-lift-reviews-25145.html

If you already knew all this and meant something else, my apologies...just trying to be helpful. Besides, I'd be interested in that thread as well.

Hah - I saved and posted my reply, and come to find out, my first copy and paste did the same thing as the insert link option...oh well.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Furrydogs - to copy and past a link, all you should have to do is to go to the page/thread that you want, click up in the address bar (where you type in the http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/www......), highlight the entire thing and right click and select 'copy'....or the easy way, highlight and press Ctrl + C (for Copy - assuming you are on a Windows machine). Then, you can 'Paste' (Ctrl + V) or (right click and 'Paste') like: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/tj-lift-reviews-25145.html However, before you 'paste', there is a 'Link' option above where you are typing...it looks like a world with a chain link - as you put your mouse over it, it'll say "Insert Link". It'll then popup a small display box where you can then 'paste' your link. The link I did above is the same link as below...the one below I used the 'Insert Link' option. http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/tj-lift-reviews-25145.html If you already knew all this and meant something else, my apologies...just trying to be helpful. Besides, I'd be interested in that thread as well. Hah - I saved and posted my reply, and come to find out, my first copy and paste did the same thing as the insert link option...oh well.
Nellieboy, I appreciate the help but I think my problem is with the iPad and using the Wrangler forum app. I am sure there is a way using the iPad, just not very intuitive.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The 2" BDS package I bought included new springs and the shocks. I opted for the lower end shocks which was why my price was around $400

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nellieboy, I appreciate the help but I think my problem is with the iPad and using the Wrangler forum app. I am sure there is a way using the iPad, just not very intuitive.
Ah - gotcha. I keep forgetting there are other types of devices as I usually stick with PC and Android. I have an iPad, just don't use it so much. Meant no offense.

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
8,397 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
What does "Maximum Duty" even mean? Sounds marketing'ish.
Ha - agreed. "No wait, I think I'll take the 'minimum' duty..."

·
Registered
831 Posts
X 10 on the BDS 2" suspension lift (shocks and springs). My TJ handled / rode as good as stock. Good look.....good ride...you will like it!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
While I currently run OME & Bilsteins - I will add to the pot and also recommend the 2" BDS lift.

·
Super Moderator
6,903 Posts
The 2" BDS package I bought included new springs and the shocks. I opted for the lower end shocks which was why my price was around $400
you choose wisely, the fox 2.0 shocks are simply too large for a 2" lift. they ride great, but not enough uptravel unless you go to a 3" front spring

·
Registered
180 Posts
Also have the 2" bds for about a month. Can't tell the difference between stock ride and the bds. Also, install was fairly wasy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts