Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy

I have a 2003 TJ wnat to add 2" not looking to climb over Washington's face at Rushmore or anything like that. A simple 2" lift that is easy to install that will not require additional purchases due to incorrect information. I would like to get it all in one shot so I can do it in one weekend.

Thanks

S

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
The most simple way to get that much lift without a suspension lift kit would be 1" spring spacers and 1" body lift. Would not recommend any higher on either. They're fairly simple and won't change your suspension very much. Shocks may need to be changed too. Personally I would recommend a true suspension lift but if you're just doing it for looks and not trails...it would work.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
One nice way to go is with the OME 2 inch suspension upgrade which includes shocks, springs and a few other needed parts. You can find all kinds of info on here regarding lifts and feedback.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I also wanted a simple 2" lift just to give me better clearence in sand because I take my 01 TJ on the beach all the time. After doing a lot of reading I found a Budget Boost (BB) was the best way to go for me.

I found it easy to install and didn't change handling at all. The one I installed came with 2" spacers, new shocks, and new rear stops.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
A BB and a basic spring lift require the same amount of labor. There really are not a lot of parts needed. The additional item may be to lower the TC if vibrations occur and a few washer may do for that.

The question is how much do you want to spend? A BB will be around 250. Recommended 2" spring lifts are BDS (around 400) and OME

·
Registered
413 Posts
Check out Zone and Rusty suspension as well. Think I might go with the 2" spring lift from Rusty's for about $310...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Pro Comp also has a 2 inch suspension lift that comes with shocks, coils, and other partd needed, which is what im looking at

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Pro Comp also has a 2 inch suspension lift that comes with shocks, coils, and other partd needed, which is what im looking at
You won't like the ride. The Pro Comp ES shocks are VERY hard.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Polyuerthane spacers will not sag.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I installed the Zone 2" BB with shocks, spacers, cam alignment kit, and dropped the TC (5 washers) and am very happy with the results. I also installed the JKS front quick disconnects to add a little more flex/ articulation. As you can see, my front spring is still pretty compressed so I should have more articulation. My front ditch was all I had available to try at the time. I highly recommend Zone.

Attachments

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I also wanted a simple 2" lift just to give me better clearence in sand because I take my 01 TJ on the beach all the time. After doing a lot of reading I found a Budget Boost (BB) was the best way to go for me.

I found it easy to install and didn't change handling at all. The one I installed came with 2" spacers, new shocks, and new rear stops.
A lift is not going to change your ground clearance. The only thing that will do that is larger tires. The lift will allow you to run larger tires.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Actually it does . While it won’t change the clearance of the pumpkins only larger tires will do that, it does raise the frame up. So with larger tires and the 2” BB it keeps the underside further from the sand. I’m not rock climbing so clearance to me means not getting the frame hung up in sand if it’s deep and rutted.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
For your purpose, a 2" BB is the economical and practical way to go :).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts