Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am new to the forum and finally going to get a Jeep, likely a YJ. I have a few comm's questions for those already dealing with radios and Jeeps.

I want to run both a CB and a 2 meter rig (prolly my Icom 2100). I am not worried about mounting location, but rather antenna mounting. I know the basics, grounding, safety and such but not sure about running two radios (2m and 11m).

Does anyone run a dual radio set up? Do I need to worry about the antennas interfering with each other? It seems like they would only interfere if you transmitted at the same time, is that right? Any other words of advice?

I would really like to see pictures of dual radio setups if anyone is willing to share.

Thanks and stay safe

JC

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
There's doesn't seem to be any interference between 2 and 11 meters, I run a Cb and a 2 meter handy talky in my big truck and haven't had any problems.
Sorry I don't have any pics.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
As you said, you're pretty much only on one or the other. I have a Yaesu FT-90 in a Tuffy overhead console lockbox and then have a Cobra 75WXST for childrens band. All the controls are on the hand unit so once you unplug it everything can be locked up.

I've gotta get some pics up.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I kile the 74 WX-ST, good little CB. I've never had problems running bith types. No pics, sorry.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I kile the 74 WX-ST, good little CB. I've never had problems running bith types. No pics, sorry.
Doh! I meant the 75 WX-ST. :p to me.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I don't have pics, but you can easily run multiple radios at the same time. The bands are so far apart, it would be like your cell phone interfering with your stereo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts