Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in the 2" OME lift on my 2001 wrangler sport auto.. Does anyone know if you must put on a transfer case drop? Also does anyone know if there are different size springs in this kit ? There were no instructions with it and I read somewhere that each spring in this kit is a different size and must be placed specifically. The only thing I noticed is that the back end sits quite a bit higher than the front but. Thanks for any info you guys may have.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
the t-case drop is a good idea if you have driveline vibes, that way you don't destroy your t-case, u-joints and pinion bearing. yes the springs are side specific and need to be installed appropriately or the jeep will lean to one side. the instructions are available online, along with several write ups. google search is your friend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info. The jeep is not leaning so I guess we lucked out. Will I definately know if I get drive line vibration? What will it feel like? So far everything feels pretty good.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Thanks for that info. The jeep is not leaning so I guess we lucked out.
no, you need to check the tags on the spring and verify they are placed correctly. if the tags are no longer there, you need to pull each axle's springs and check their unloaded lengths.

Will I definately know if I get drive line vibration? What will it feel like? So far everything feels pretty good.
Read this: What is a CV shaft and why do I want one? - JeepForum.com

·
Registered
817 Posts
spring tags will include spring load type, for example OME942 is a rear heavy constant load spring, also as i remember they have a A or B on them for sides.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Who did you buy these from?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
The longer springs go on the front driver and rear passenger sides, I assume it has to do with the track bar set up as the fl and rr will droop a slight bit more when flexing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OME 2 in lift

I bought the lift off a guy who never got around to installing it. I measured the jeep and it is setting level....can I assume that the springs are set correctly? What will happen if they are not set correctly? Is A drivers side? I really appreciate all your help but I am pretty much new to all of this and hate to tear all of that out again.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
brewski8 said:
I bought the lift off a guy who never got around to installing it. I measured the jeep and it is setting level....can I assume that the springs are set correctly? What will happen if they are not set correctly? Is A drivers side? I really appreciate all your help but I am pretty much new to all of this and hate to tear all of that out again.
You can assume nothing. Look at the tags on the springs to correctly identify they are in the correct location.

Your Wrangler will sag and look funny.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts