Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched around the fourm to either find now help or not answering my question. I have a 97 wrangler with a 4.0 I6. My first problem is my air is only blowing out my defrost vents and I need a diagram to see all the vacumn lines because I cannot seem to find the leak. According to this fourm it's a vacumn leak but according to the lady at autozone it's a "air door blend actuator" either clogged or fallen off..? My ac drain up in front of the windsheild was full of mud and sand and I cleaned that out. Before the water just used to just drain through the passanger side ac vent floor.... any ideas?

and my second problem is there is a squeeky belt that is pretty new and my clutch squeels when it's not pressed in? Any ideas?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After reading around the internet I've discovered my clutch is probably in the need of being replaced just because of all the symptoms it has. And I'm pretty sure my belt is ok because it looks fine and isn't cracked or anything but I think a pully somewhere is squeeking any ideas? Can I spray CRC, wd40, or anything like that on it? And last but not least can anyone show me a diagram of all my vacum lines.

·
▄▌ee▐▀
1,791 Posts
This is for an 01 but it may help you

the end at the intake is the problem one that always falls off, (2)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just had this set of symptoms and problem on my '98 and it was right after I got it back from the shop for a different problem. My one way valve located at #2 in this diagram was put back on backwards. I flipped it around and it works correctly now. This is a very accurate diagram for my '98 and should help you if it is a vacuum line.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Oh, I should add that I couldn't set the cruise control which are also vacuum actuated and another symptom of a vacuum line problem. Do you have cruise control? My light would come on but when I hit set to set the speed, it wouldn't do anything but slow down. It never engaged. I found both of those symptoms on this forum and was able to fix the problem now that I knew where to look for a problem.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
97 does not have cruise control. and I check all my vacuum lines in the engine bay and they all seem to be fine. idk I tihnk it's something in the dash...

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Have you looked at the vacuum reservoir? It's a black box that lives under your battery tray. The line going into it gets eaten by acid from the battery above. Worth a look.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts