Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! Have a fun one for you. I am with my local Search and Rescue and I am trying to figure out the best place or mounting system to put 2 radios (CB and VHF) into my 2015 JKU. I have the S-Pod so I do not know it mounts depending on that placement will work in conjunction with it. Any recommendations? Thanks All!

·
Administrator
19,391 Posts
All depends on what size radios you're installing. Our last build was for the wife, she didn't want anything too big but still wanted both radios. Jeep Unique makes mounts for several configurations.

Full size radios are a bit more of a challenge, I mounted my CB above the factory radio, have't added VHF yet but it will mount below the factory switches when I do.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
What have you got for a CB?

One or both (depending on if you can remote mount the head on the VHF) can go over the mirror using the Footman Loop mount. Might work with a SPod.

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Not to kidnap that thread, but I had a CB radio for a few months ... and listening to the truck drivers was awful! Thinking about installing a more private VHF radio to communicate with fellow riders ... if t weren't for the stupid license.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Get your ham license. It's not hard and it's good for a while. Much better range, less traffic on the channels, etc

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Not to kidnap that thread, but I had a CB radio for a few months ... and listening to the truck drivers was awful! Thinking about installing a more private VHF radio to communicate with fellow riders ... if t weren't for the stupid license.
here is how I attached my cb on the left and rugged radio on the right. I have an Spod as well as you can see from the side shot.
My setup is similar to this only I have the radios turned sideways. Put the mics on great keepers and can push the extra mic cable up on top of it when not in use. Also works well with the spider. Love it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
All depends on what size radios you're installing. Our last build was for the wife, she didn't want anything too big but still wanted both radios. Jeep Unique makes mounts for several configurations.

Full size radios are a bit more of a challenge, I mounted my CB above the factory radio, have't added VHF yet but it will mount below the factory switches when I do.

I really like this setup. I like the idea of handheld VHF radios.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.