Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a 4" lift on my TJ manual 6 speed but I was looking at adding 2" spacers. Has anyone done this and if so, did you run into any problems. I don't have a body lift. Thanks.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
It's not a good idea at all. It leads to two pivot points on top of already tall springs, and can easily produce coil bind. Go with a 1" or 1.25" body lift.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Got them in mine, never had a issue. However I am going to probably remove them when i do a bodylift. Which will probably be this summer. My jeep performs pretty solid, not much flex though, don't know if the coil spacers contribute to that or maybe its just because i never un hooked my sway bar links yet.

·
Registered
697 Posts
To the OP, what size tires? It's best to lift to fit so you keep a good low cog. I'm doubting you need 6 inches of lift for the tire size you are planning on running, unless you do alot of mud bogging and need height to clear the depth.

Alot of folks misunderstand the concept of BB spacers (budget boost spacers). By themselves, on top of factory coil springs, they provide a simple and cheap 2" lift that requires very little other parts/modifications but if you toss them on top of lift springs then you end up with some steep angles in the suspension/steering/drivetrain, which results in a whole bunch of other mods required.

Best to save $$ and get a set of clearance fenders. You'll be much more happy with that setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts