Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, time to beat a dead horse---again. I realize this has been covered before, I'm just having trouble finding a definitive answer.

Lets say I add 2" spacers to by TJ (2000 2.5L, 80k miles, all stock except for 31" tires). How much of the stock ride will I retain? This is assuming I add only the 2" spacers and nothing else.

FWIW, my ride is perfect. Could it be better? Probably. But I'm happy with how it drives/rides and I don't feel the need to go experimenting with new shocks, coil springs, etc.

Is it even necessary to add new shocks? Will the stock ones do ok with the extra 2"?

At the end of the day, I just don't want the ride to become worse... But I'm also ok if it doesn't get better than it is now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I did not notice much of a difference in ride. My ride was pretty stiff to begin with since it had nitro shocks. I currently have a 2 inch spacer lift or budget boost as they say, but put jk hydro shocks on it. That helps with the shock length and took away some of the jarring. Stock shocks will work fine, but will limit your travel offroad.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
It'll ride exactly the same as stock since you're keeping all the same components. You'll need an alignment after for your toe in, but that's it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts