Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gas mileage......jeeps are bricks on wheels!
engine pi**ing match.....they're all slow and jeep makes up for the lack of power with gears!

·
Registered
26,916 Posts
gas mileage......jeeps are bricks on wheels!
engine pi**ing match.....they're all slow and jeep makes up for the lack of power with gears!
Yeah, well, ya know, that's just like, uh, your opinion man.

:D (I agree, why can't we all just get along. Oh, and add wave threads and train horns too the list.)

·
Registered
790 Posts
jeep makes up for the lack of power with gears!
Ummmmm...no. An anemic motor is an anemic motor...gears won't make up for that.

And of all the topics that keep getting brought up, those are the two you take issue with? Not:

Manual vs auto
Wave
How big of a tire can I run with no lift
What tire is best
etc

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

And of all the topics that keep getting brought up, those are the two you take issue with? Not:

Manual vs auto
Wave
What tire is best
etc
you do realize that the 3.8 and 4.0 produce more power than a lot of the v-8's of the late 70's and 80's....corvette is a good example(anywhere from 190hp-205hp 1973-1984 base models). and that's advertised hp not whp tested on a dyno

·
Marine Jeeper
5,399 Posts
And JK bashing.
I'm glad someone said it. Can't we all get along. A jeep's a jeep no matter if it's a cj, yj, tj, and yes even a jk.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Manual vs auto
Wave
What tire is best
etc
the cutlass is lookin good though!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Dont forget stingers

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Boosta said:
Don't forget the "They don't wave at me!"
Hahahah i love how people cry about that, i just throw people the bird that dont wave back, atleast i know i got their attention with the finger.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ageless Stranger said:
Yeah, well, ya know, that's just like, uh, your opinion man.

:D (I agree, why can't we all just get along. Oh, and add wave threads and train horns too the list.)
Hahah sorry guys about the train horn thread a while back tht got heated

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Funny how this thread was started in the JK forum. Ya know... cause I can think of a Wrangler model that should've been banned

just kidding!

·
Registered
790 Posts
you do realize that the 3.8 and 4.0 produce more power than a lot of the v-8's of the late 70's and 80's....corvette is a good example(anywhere from 190hp-205hp 1973-1984 base models). and that's advertised hp not whp tested on a dyno
And? :p I owned a couple (Olds 307 - Chevy 305)...so of course I realize that. Doesn't change anything...they're all anemic...and gearing won't help any of them.

And the published numbers today are not at the wheel...its still at the flywheel just like it was back then (though other factors have changed).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts