Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing MC 2.5 Dual springs front and back (2door springs) on 2 JKU's this week. 1 Rubi and 1 Sport.

I understand that depending on weight I should settle around 2" of lift and I am wondering if there is really anything else that "needs" to be replaced in order to avoid damage to something.

I already installed the 0-3" quick discos from Tera Flex to the sport. The Rubi has the electronic disconnect and I want to know if 2" will really matter to the rubi? Will I break something by lifting 2"?

Thanks for any input.

·
Super Moderator
14,567 Posts
I am installing MC 2.5 Dual springs front and back (2door springs) on 2 JKU's this week. 1 Rubi and 1 Sport.

I understand that depending on weight I should settle around 2" of lift and I am wondering if there is really anything else that "needs" to be replaced in order to avoid damage to something.

I already installed the 0-3" quick discos from Tera Flex to the sport. The Rubi has the electronic disconnect and I want to know if 2" will really matter to the rubi? Will I break something by lifting 2"?

Thanks for any input.
Did you buy the kits or just the springs?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Probably going to want either the aev or rancho geometry correction brackets or adjustable lower control arms. Also longer brake lines. Next on the list is probably a front track bar to center the front axle and tighten up the steering.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correction Brackets make sense to me.

I'll be doing wheels and tires in Nov. as I predict about the time these stok 32's wear out on the 2013.

The Rubi will keep the 32's for a bit longer, maybe christmas.

I am assuming by lifting everything 2" ill be pulling both axels toward center of vehicle a smidge. Is this really a problem with such minimal change?

Track Bar also makes sense.

·
Registered
727 Posts
You won't move it by much, but you will decrease your caster, which will make it a little flighty, the lca brackets will help with this, and give you a more stock feeling ride. The track bar will center the axle left and right. As you lift, your stock track bar will pus the axle slightly out to the right. Not a big deal at 2", but a new one (I run the teraflex one) will give you the ability to center it, and it made a noticible difference in tightening up the steering. The stock one is pretty flexy, especially as you go to wider tires.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input. I spoke with MC today and Will had pretty much the same idea. Upper or Lower arms in the front if the caster is to far out and then Track Bar depending on feel.

Stops will need to be adjusted. I am only going to run 33.3 the 255/80R17 KM2's

So tire weight is only going up 3lbs

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm pretty interested in how this turned out with the MC 2 door springs. I've got a 2015 JKU and had a MC 2.5 kit ordered but was told to expect 3-4 lift as my jeep is light. I thought about it for a few days then cancelled the order. If these springs deliver a 2 then I'd be back in. How did this work out for you?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I just raised my 2dr Rubi 2" in front with #19 front springs and 3/4" pucks. And 1" in the rear with #60 springs only. The only thing I did besides that was center the steering wheel with about 1/4 turn on the drag link.

If you are no more than 2", drive it and see what you think. I'm also running 255/80 Coopers on stock wheels. It is maybe a bit more flighty than stock, I think, but I have not noticed any top out on the suspension. No other changes and I'm very happy with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts