Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,779 Posts
Those off brand spacers are less than 1/2 the price of a quality set like SpiderTrax or Teraflex.
I can't see that being a worthwhile thing to save a few bucks on.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Those off brand spacers are less than 1/2 the price of a quality set like SpiderTrax or Teraflex.
I can't see that being a worthwhile thing to save a few bucks on.
Yeah, spend extra and get a quality set.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
CNC Machined using High Quality Aerospace Aluminum .........you get what you pay for. Kinda like those titanium coated high speed drill bits from Harbor Frieght.....
I'd pass

·
Registered
463 Posts
I used the 1.5" spacers from amazon...might be the same brand. I had no issues at all but only used them for about 3 months while I was deciding on wheels and tires. I've also used spacers on past vehicles and they all look/feel exactly the same other then color and brand stamping.

I would bet most failures from spacers are a result of poor installation and not name brand. You're average tire shop will over torque to hell with an impact gun causing the lugs to snap off down the road, literally.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Check out the RedRock spacers off of Extreme Terrain. $120 for a set of 4 and they have hundreds of positive reviews. I use 'em and they're great so far. Probably can get them a little cheaper if you PM Extreme Terrain for a forum discount!

They're 1.5" but what's half an inch?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies. Just was throwing it out there to see what you all thought. Dont really like the idea of spacers. Most likely going with wheels with proper offset to fit the big meats

Jeremy

·
Super Moderator
6,779 Posts
I have no issues with quality spacers / adapters. There is little difference in risk between using quality spacers and wheels with less backspacing to achieve the same total offset. Both options change the way loads are feed into the system. Both increase the loading on the wheel bearings the same way.
That said, I prefer the dished look a wheel with less backspacing offers compared to the wheel spacers.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I bought 1.5" wheel spacers from Rough Country which got excellent ratings. In fact 67 total reviews and not one was under 5 stars. They are sold in pairs for $60 so $120 for complete set. Now some here would scoff at them I am sure because even in the Jeep world just like the motorcycle world there are money snobs who think the more you pay the better. And while that holds true a great amount of time, sometimes however it does not mean anything and one must do their due diligence called "research". So that is another option for you and I have talked to several 4x4 facilities that love RC products!

·
Premium Member
8,341 Posts
Warning - for some reason when I clicked on the link, when the page came up in the upper left corner came the warning in red "This does not fit your 2017 Jeep Wrangler". I still had my 2015 in the system and got the same message when I changed the vehicle to my 2015.

Could it be because the are hub centric and not lug centric?

Set your vehicle description up into the Amazon Garage and if you click on something that does not fit it will tell you. Sometimes it's in error for a reason. When I bought the Hella eCode lights for my Sahara it warned me. But I knew it would since they were H4 and the Jeep is H13, but the next item I put in my cart was the H13 to H4 adapters.

My first reaction to the thread title was that 2" was a lot. I wanted to review it and see why OP was using 2" spacers.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I was nervous the whole time running 1.5" spacers, no way I'd run 2".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts