Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been reading everywhere but through putting everything together can't come up with an answer.

Do you knowledgable people think that running 20" Fuel rims with 35" Durun Mt's will be too much for an 08 JKU with a 6spd?
If so would you agree I should just go down to the 17" wheel with a 35"

Pulling the trigger in the AM so your expertise is appreciated

PJ

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
There is no reason to run a 20" heavy/costly wheel for a 35" tire.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just doing it because my dealer is giving me a screaming deal and I intend to flip the vehicle in spring.
Figured the curb appeal would be sweet.

·
Registered
11,035 Posts
preppyjoel said:
Do you knowledgable people think that running 20" Fuel rims with 35" Durun Mt's will be too much for an 08 JKU with a 6spd?
jmo but yes.

preppyjoel said:
If so would you agree I should just go down to the 17" wheel with a 35"
again, jmo, but yes. Or a 16". Or 15" if you're feeling cheeky.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya totally get what you are saying, a Jeep guy would think its dumb but a black on black lifted with black wheels is likely going to appeal to a city dude (im in a city) cuz he would be about the bling.

I get what you are saying though totally.

And I think for ski trips this winter and some wheeling I would hate the 20's. The deal was so good it was just damn tempting!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Well, think about this too, the smaller the wheel the less expensive your tires and wheels will cost. If you got 15" or 16" wheels the tires would cost a lot less than 20s. Just a thought if money is an issue like a lot of people's on this forum is, including mine.

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
If the deal was that good, get the 20's and flip them at a profit and get some inexpensive 16 or 17" procomp soft 8 or D windows.

-Dan

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah it's buddies shop so I don't want to flip just te wheel and tire pkg.
but this jeep is a means to an end not keeping it long.
Jeeps are massive sellers here I am gonna go snoop the dealers they all put aftermarket wheel and tire combos on factory.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Yeah, more appeal with smaller wheels actually. 17s and 35s is more likely to sell than the very few that want 20s. You don't see alot of 20s on jeeps, not because they don't clear, not because jeep owners don't spend on mods, but because jeepers don't want 20s.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Roll 20's they make people's head turn.. 20's aren't that big of a wheel the way everyone makes it sound.. If you wrap 35's you still have a lot of side wall if off roading

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I still have the jeep and haven't done any serious wheeling yet.
Done some mudding and some logging roads obviously but nothing big time.
All my time is spent driving up hills to ski at Whistler and Baker.

I got the tires at a great deal for $330 a tire for 20"x35" MT

Anyway I love the 20" look and get comments non stop from people and jeep people.
If I plan to take mine seriously off road I will switch, but at that point I will just buy a Rubi too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Get the 20's. Lots of people out there love 20's on Jeeps. They either don't follow the forums or are just afraid to post in fear of the "purists" hating on them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts