Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just won a 20" Totron lightbar from my local jeep club this past weekend. I have no idea how to mount though. Can I use the supplied mounts and drill the hood or do I need to buy a different kind of mount that attaches to the hinges?

image-3986321818.jpg

·
Registered
300 Posts
I would buy a new set of mounts that go on top of the hood hinges. I bought a set of brackets from motobilt when I mounted my light bar on the hood. They come unfinished so I sprayed them black before installing. I believe rough country makes some also. The worst part is removing the torx bolts from the existing hinges on the hood. I was able to get them all out except for one, and I ended up stripping it and had to drill it out. I went ahead and replaced them all with new bolts while I had them off and painted my hinges black to.

Jeep TJ Hood 21.5" LED Light Bar Mount Kit by Motobilt Motobilt, Inc.#

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks.
Also what kind of wiring harness should I get? Is there any brands that I need to stay away from?

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
Mounting it to your hood you are probably going to get a lot of hood glare, when I initially did a mock up on mine it was unbearable. I opted to mount mine at the top of my grill 100% light usage no glare whatsoever.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
why not mount it between the stinger? I have the same stinger and am lookin at doin this. Can you post a pic of it there? Thanks
I had mine originally mounted to the Bull Bar on my bumper. However the Trucklites create such a wide beam of light that it created a ton of shadows.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I had mine originally mounted to the Bull Bar on my bumper. However the Trucklites create such a wide beam of light that it created a ton of shadows.
I was thinking on the actual bumper not the bar. How do you like where yours is mounted?

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
I was thinking on the actual bumper not the bar. How do you like where yours is mounted?
Honestly...love it. Doesn't interfere with anything. All the light is right in front of Jeep where you need it and easy to run wiring.

Hook some pigtails and hook it to battery. Then have some friends hold the light bar while you sit in drivers seat...at night of course.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I might give it a shot. I'll put it up there and see how it looks and post some pictures. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts