Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I though I'd join this group in order to start getting more involved in the Jeep community. Short story long, my father bought this Jeep brand new in 1993, and it has been in my family ever since. 281,000 miles later, I decided to restore it. And give it a small facelift....:)

I'm the second generation and fourth owner of this rig, I learned to drive stick with it and I'm sure my son will get it.....maybe......when he's 30 or so.

Before:

And the After....

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very nice job on the "face-lift" I'm curious though, are the 280k miles all on the same engine or did you rebuild at one point?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks y'all. The 280K are on the same engine and tranny. Still has good compression, doesn't leak or burn oil or coolant and runs like a champ. All maintenance has been done religiously. I'm aiming for a 500,000 mile engine if my luck holds out.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Face lift is putting it lightly lol. Nice job, looks awesome! :thumb:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With this "storm of doom" here in the panhandle, I got a chance to test out the new mods. The Jeep doesn't even blink in 2-3 feet of water....it was nice to see a 4X4 Ram stop and pull a U Turn while I cruise on by. Though I am REALLY wishing my new soft door uppers had been delivered yesterday.... guess that's why they make Wet Weather Gear. Also, pretty impressed with the Wet Okole seats, they haven't absorbed any water yet really.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Finally got my windows in the mail so I can stay drier in the rain. Did some interior work on the door handles, got the hi lift mounted and LED taillights/guards installed. Awaiting my rifle mounts, steering stabilizers and then...who knows.

·
Registered
239 Posts
what exterior finish you go with?

·
Registered
1 Posts
What size rims and tires do you have on that beast, I'm about to do a little facelift myself on my 94 and that's around the size I'd like

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
20" by 12" with 35" by 12.5" Tires. I was very hesitant when they were recommended for me by the 4x4 Shop here, but I think they came out really nice.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Custom fabbing a Trailer Hitch Mounted Jerry Can Holder this week. I'll post pictures when complete.

·
Registered
646 Posts
20" by 12" with 35" by 12.5" Tires. I was very hesitant when they were recommended for me by the 4x4 Shop here, but I think they came out really nice.
Jeep looks cool brother, I don't want to come across wrong but are you sure those are 20x12? That looks like a 20x10, I have 12" wide on mine with a -44 offset and your wheels look a lot more narrow. The 20" look surprisingly good though, I have a 93 with a 38/15.5/18 and I've seen other 20's on a yj and looked funny but yours don't with the XD wheel. The transformation looks great.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah. Double checked today they are 12". Tires are 12.5". Interestingly they seem a lot taller than my buddies 35"s

·
Registered
193 Posts
Rhino lining. It's about 1/8" thick. Black on the outside and gray on the inside.
Looks great! Did you use Monstaliner? I am thinking of doing my YJ with the same thing or paint it professionally black. I looked online and couldn't find many good pics, but this is a great pic of what it looks like

1 - 20 of 32 Posts