Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. We got hit with the big snowstorm in the Midwest and it's been fun using the Wrangler to get us around. I pretty much only use the 4WD during winter. Within the last year I did do the recommended 4WD service at the prodding of the dealership. Probably unnecessary, but I like to take care of the Jeep.
Today we backed it out of the snow-covered driveway and I saw a trail of black, oil-like drops on the snow. I checked the garage and no stains there, so I think it must only be leaking when the part-time 4WD is in use. Actually, this is probably also the first time we've used the 4WD since the service.
Does anyone have an idea what this might be:confused: Hopefully just a seal or something? Not a great time to have to take it in, of course, since it's getting us where we need to go during all this snow!
Thanks for any ideas.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Did you have the differential fluids replaced? Mine leaked after I had it changed and it turns out it just wasn't sealed right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like, the invoice shows rear diff flush and diff flush.
Hopefully it's a seal problem, like you had. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts