Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I think I will get screwed by the Geico insurance. My Jeep is a 4.0L with only 70,000 miles. Automatic with hardtop. Excellent shape. It was stolen today. How much do you think Geico will give me?

I got a feeling it won't be worth the real market value. What do you guys think? Advice help? Thanks

Duke

·
Registered
858 Posts
Sorry to hear it was stolen. Any details on where it was parked, what time of day, etc.
As for what insurance will give you, I hope any mods you had invested in were listed and insured with them as well or you may take a hit on those.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was in the Central West End area of St. Louis, taken overnight as I saw the car last night and gone this morning. Considered to be a good neighborhood. Go figure. I got new tires paid like $800 only few months back. Also had some nice seat covers and stereo and speakers installed few months back. I'd like to get an idea of what they would give me... anyone have experience with similar circumstances? Thanks

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Find some Jeeps for sale locally and do some price comparisons. Usually insurance will look at what replacement cost is locally based on condition, milage, etc.

In saying this - get some photos posted so the rest of us can keep an eye out too. Jeepers wave to Jeepers, lots of eyes are going to be looking.

·
Premium Member
7,467 Posts
It was in the Central West End area of St. Louis, taken overnight as I saw the car last night and gone this morning. Considered to be a good neighborhood.
I live in the same area. Post some pics other than your avatar so I know what to look for.

As far as the Central West End being a good area, if I was a smart car thief I wouldn't be looking for something nice in the poor area of town. I'd be cruising around in a nice neighborhood looking for nice things.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE

So they found my Jeep.... Ignition is gone.. they used a screwdriver.... Here's some pics.. what damage we look at guys???

http://s182.photobucket.com/user/dukey3784/library/Jeep Damage

Iginition key switch is broken off.. some minor body damage.. and a sound on the back wheel.. not sure what it is....seems like the ramped it and losened the muffler.. broke the keyed gas cap. Also curb rash on one of the wheels.

How much damages you think this is?

·
Registered
755 Posts
I am stoked that you got it back!

Is there any information or reason to think that the police might catch the a-hole who stole it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Police told me it was likely a Joy ride or used to commit drug deals. They also stole the plates.

I got a programmed key.. didn't know u can bypass just by removing the ignition lock?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Went through this a couple of years ago when my Z-28 got stolen. Mine was found by a friend of mine within an hour of my posting a BOLO on Facebook, otherwise it would've probably been stripped to the bone while sitting abandoned on the side of I-10 in Loxley, AL. Geico was pretty fair with me. A used steering column and some paint work later, it was back up & running with nothing but my deductable out of pocket, and they also took care of the nearly $300 towing/recovery bill to get the car back to a local body shop in Pensacola. All said & done, the recovery/insurance/repair deal was far less stressful than the [email protected]&king paranoia that comes after getting the car back on the road.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
You are lucky to get it back in such good condition. Get it over to a good repair shop or the dealer (dealer should give a high estimate to work from) and have it gone over. Once you get it repaired get a Ravelco for it - that should give you a decent insurance discount or at least keep it low.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Glad to hear that you got it back, and from the look of things, not TOO much worse for wear. Thieves need to be shot a little, and if they survive, shot a little more. :mad:

-Pat

·
Registered
438 Posts
If I were you, I'll spray the steering wheel or areas were parts are stolen, so I can got their fingerprints, and track the sonuvabitch down.

No one shall mess with my jeep.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts